Part3

The Foxes react: chapter 1 part 3

Many eyes narrowed at that, a mixture of worry and seriousness, Andrew's eyebrows were put together in a frown his eyes dark and Kevin looked like he was about to throw up "what does he mean by rematch?" asked Matt not really getting a answer from anyone but the question made Kevin look even paler.
|
...
|
Then former national champion Kevin Day joined the line. It was the greatest thing that could happen to the Foxes and it meant Neil could never accept Wymack's offer.

"Wow it seems like he really dislikes or maybe disliked you Kevin, do you know why?"asked Nicky looking at Kevin who looked better then before but was still not answering anything so they all focused back to the scene.
|
...
|
Neil hadn't seen Kevin in almost eight years, and he'd never be ready to see him again. Some doors had to stay closed; Neil's life depended on it.

"Wait wait wait you knew Neil before this?" said Matt "did you know that it was him you were signing him?" asked Dan "no I didn't recognise him, I know who he was after the winter banquet where he was talking to Riko" answered Kevin "how did Riko know who he was?" asked Renee "I don't know how he found out" and with that they went back to watching.
|
...
|
"You can't be here," Neil said.
"Yet here I stand," Wymack said. "Need a pen?" "No," Neil said. "No. I'm not playing for you." "I misheard you."
"You signed Kevin."
"And Kevin's signing you, so—"

"I actually want to know how you guys manage to sign him up, he seems dead serious about not to" asked Alison and at that Waymack gave a groan remembering what happened, Kevin sighed and Andrew had a amused look.
|
...
|
Neil didn't stick around for the rest.
He bolted up the bleachers for the locker room. Metal clanged beneath his shoes, not quite loud enough to drown out Hernandez's startled query. Neil didn't look back to see if they were following. All he knew, all that mattered, was getting as far away from here as possible.
|
...
|
Neil wasn't fast enough.
He was halfway through the locker room when he realized he wasn't alone. There was someone waiting for him in the lounge between him and the front door. Light glinted off a bright yellow racquet as the stranger took a swing, and Neil was going too fast to stop. Wood slammed into his gut hard enough to crush his lungs into his spine. He didn't remember falling, but suddenly he was on his hands and knees, scrabbling ineffectually at the floor as he tried to breathe. He'd puke if he could only manage that first gasp, but his body refused to cooperate.
The buzzing in his ears was Wymack's furious voice, but he sounded a thousand miles away.

It was silent at the beginning, to stunned to speak and then it started. Aaron had a smug smile on his face, the other were saying this about how Neil could have broken something(Dan,Matt,Abby), Waymack was done with everything Kevin too and Andrew was ignoring them all.
|
...
|
The world crackled black, then came into too-sharp focus as air finally hit Neil's tortured lungs.

"Poor him" said Matt feeling for his friend
|
...
|
Andrew smiled down at Neil and tapped two fingers to his temple in salute. "Better luck next time."
"Fuck you," Neil said.

"well that was something but I guess at the end it all worked out" said Nicky "exactly" said Andrew earning him a glare from Waymack.