Part12

Foxes react: chapter 4 part 3

From everything they heard it was the best option but it still hurt them (-Aaron) to see Neil dump the gasoline all over the car, they wonder how he has yet to break down but it was most likely shock that did not allow him to and they continued watching Neil put the car on fire.
|
...
|
He hadn't cried when the flames caught, and he hadn't flinched when he pulled her cooling bones out. He filled her backpack with everything that was left of her, carried her two miles down the beach, and buried her as deep as he could. By the time he found the highway again he was numb with shock, and he lasted another day before he fell to his knees on the roadside and puked his guts out. Somehow he'd made it to San Francisco, but he only stayed a day before setting off for Millport. He took it one step and one mile and one day at a time because anything else was too much for him to handle in his grief.

Even if from what they had seen they were still debating if his mother is as bad as his father or even a tiny bit better and if she deserved death it still was no way close for Neil to deserve to not only burn her and stay there to watch but having to actually take every remain of his mother and put her in a bag was horrible, at the same time Neil who had to do all that kept on going. And it was even worse was that it happened a little while before he had gone and settled at Millport as it must have bin from roughly a year to a year before the foxes signed him up.
|
...
|
Neil stared at the court in front of him and swallowed once, twice, against the nausea that was crawling up his throat. This was why Wymack's contract, Kevin's lofty ambitions, and Andrew's words meant nothing in the end. It didn't matter what they offered or promised him. Neil wasn't like them. He was nothing and no one, and he always would be. Court wasn't for people like him. He'd take what he could learn and enjoy it while he could, but this was a dream he'd have to wake up from eventually. Wanting anything more than that would just make it harder to walk away.

"He should just suck it up, if he wanted to leave so badly why is he not gone?" said Aaron, he was annoyed because why did he have to stay here and watch someone's past or life or what ever but his arrogance did not last long when everyone looked at him anger present well Renee had a sad expression and Andrew didn't show much of his emotions but his anger was still there just hidden behind a blank one "l'm just saying" he continued "Minyard there is a reason everyone is here so leave comments like these out next time or there will be a Marathon waiting for you" said Wymack with not much heat just a statement Aaron just narrowed his eyes and turned back not saying anything and the others followed.