Prologue

In a white room lay a weak, petite girl with wires inserted into her body. With her last breath, she thanked her parents, doctors, and nurse, who have been taking care of her here since she was diagnosed with this sudden unknown disease.

She was once a happy child who liked to travel and play, but the fall during her ski trip at China led to the most hurtful event in her life.

She, who once ran like there was no one stopping her, laid on the hospital bed at the age of 19 and is now 21 with no friends at her age to say goodbye to. She is grateful to the nurse, who serves as her temporary friend during her hospital stay. They will share their experience of their outside life other than what happens inside the hospital. They also teach her how to find a boyfriend if she recovers from the disease, but she knows she doesn't have much time.  They also recommend her books. The nurse lends her many novels that may sound cringeworthy to her, but nevertheless, it's still a book that passes her time. She already knows that her life is already at her doorstep, so instead of wasting her time crying, she just casually reads books until her time is up.

The last novel she reads before she feels her eyes tired as she reaches the end of the novel the day before her death is entitled "The Life of a Cute Little Wife of the Devilish Mafia. The kept woman of the evil CEO shares her name, so even though it's corny, she couldn't stop reading to find out how the female supporting character who shares her name ends. Alas, the character only exists in the first few chapters before the male lead disposes of her because she keeps assaulting the original female lead.

"Urgh, if I were here, I would enjoy my life to the fullest with that guy's money before he could throw me away and ask for a lot of compensation to live a free life and never look back, but alas, I'm not her," thought Athena Iverlyn Petrov.

"Goodbye, my loved ones," she murmured as she felt her hand slip from her parents' grasp, and the machine beside her beeped, indicating that her heartbeat had stopped.