Chapter 8

After a few hours of browsing around the mall, each of her bodyguards held almost two to five bags in each hand while our little Miss Athena happily sucked on her milk tea. She also bought an extra pair of milk teas for her bodyguard, but they didn't have any space to hold their cups. Athena willingly carries the milk teas for them until they arrive at the parking lot.

"Do you have anywhere else you want to go, miss?"

"No, let's go home. The thought of running into that strange, bitter woman again will destroy all my good mood."

"Do you know her, miss? Do you want us to investigate her?" Alex asked while watching my reaction through the rearview mirror.

"I don't think I ever met her. If I knew her, I might recognize her, but her face is unfamiliar to me. There is no need to investigate her; maybe she is just jealous or something." Athena tries to find the woman in her memory and finds nothing.

"As you wish, Miss Romanov." Alex said this while driving out of the underground parking lot.

The rest of the ride passed in comfortable silence as Alex sped home. When they arrived at the villa's familiar gated entrance, Athena noticed another car park on the porch, and it belonged to Lucifer himself.

Athena suddenly feels like it's better to visit other places than go home. Before she could express her opinion to Alex about wanting to go to another place, Jaden opened the car door. Athena watched, dumbfounded, at the already-placed bags in the living room. 'What a fantastic subordinate Lucifer has'

She had no choice but to get out of the car when she saw that both of her bodyguards stood near the door waiting for her.

She walked into the house and saw no one in the living room. 'Why does he come here today? Should he be busy with the company and the mafia? Does he have a lot of free time? Urgh, I hate that man.' Athena rants to herself in her head while she walks upstairs with the shopping bags in hand.

Athena released a breath of relief when she peeked her head into the bedroom and saw no sign of Lucifer inside. She happily brought the shopping bags inside the bedroom for unboxing. She put the thought of Lucifer at the back of her mind and focused on the satisfaction of unboxing.

She sits on the floor while unboxing new clothes that align with her style. The original owner's style is too sexy for her, so she has been thinking about what to do with the unwanted clothes. "Maybe I should sell or donate the unwanted cloth, right?" She asked herself loudly, unaware that Lucifer was leaning against the bedroom door, watching her talk to herself.

"Urgh, I feel sticky after a long day in the mall. Let's take a bath first, then cook dinner."

"Sure, I never knew you could cook." Athena shuddered upon hearing the voice.

Athena looked toward where the voice came from with a smile. "I always know how to cook, but I'm just too lazy to cook before." To avoid suspicion, Athena tried to make her voice sound natural.

"What do you want to eat? I will cook for you after I finish washing." Athena walks towards the bathroom to avoid Lucifer's piercing eyes.

"I'll eat whatever you cook," Lucifer said with a knowing smile that made her shudder even more.

She hurriedly closed the bathroom door after replying okay to Lucifer.

Athena can confidently answer Lucifer because, in her memory, Lucifer never showed interest in asking anything personal about Athena, so the possibility of Lucifer knowing anything personal about her is zero unless he investigates her.

But in the book, it says that Lucifer never investigates anything about her because she poses no threat to him, which is why he keeps her.