Chapter 21

A matte black Ferrari pulled up in front of the villa's gate. Once the bodyguards of the villa saw the car and who was inside it, they immediately opened the gates without delay, as they received urgent instructions to open the gates when the don's friend was coming.

The man in the driver's seat whistled while driving until he parked the car. The man got out of the car wearing a backpack like a nerd, but no one can deny that he is quite attractive.

Athena, who is buried in the duvet, woke up to the sound of the engine of the car. Headaches were all she could feel right now after last night's drinking.

"A hangover is not a good thing. Ugh," she said while clutching her head tightly to relieve the pain.

She then remembered the sound of the car that woke her up. She thought that Lucifer must be gone already. She's not ready to face him after last night's performance. Although she can't remember what she said, she remembers some of it. She tried to remember their conversations and why she was crying, but it only led to more headaches.

"Don't think Athena." It must be some random sad thing because she can remember Lucifer's reaction, which was quite blank at the time. It must be something unimportant by his reaction. 'That's okay. But yeah, he's gone, so I can save my embarrassment,' she said, cupping her face in despair.

After a long time of thinking, she walked to the bathroom to freshen up for the day. She was wearing cute shorts and a large sweatshirt with a butterfly picture that covered her whole body. She then continued with her skincare while absentmindedly thinking of random things like why some girls wear makeup even when they're chilling at home, why the wine she drank last night is so strong, and some other random whys.

I walk briskly to the best place in the villa, which is the kitchen. "What to cook today?" she asks herself while looking inside the cabinet, refrigerator, and all the hidden places that have food.

__________________________________

Meanwhile, in Lucifer's office

As soon as River entered the villa earlier and walked to the Lucifer office, his eyes kept looking around as if searching for someone. Seeing no one around but Lucifer's subordinate lurking around the villa, he gives up and goes straight to Lucifer's office.

He entered without knocking and plopped on the comfy sofa in the Lucifer office while asking, "Where is my sister-in-law? I want to see her." He whined like a kid.

Lucifer is already used to River's antics, so he just ignores him. Who would have thought that the Italian mafia hacker was just 20 years old.

When Lucifer was 15 years old and reigned over the Italian mafia after his father died, he raided some gang in Italy who had stolen their shipment, and during the fight, he noticed the 7-year-old River hiding under the table, clutching a laptop tightly while shaking in fear.

Lucifer, at that time, took pity on him after finding out that the leader of the gang, who is also River's father, abused him. Lucifer thought of sending him to the orphanage or foster care because, at that time, the Italian mafia was in chaos because of the sudden death of their don, so Lucifer had no time to take care of him.

But the little River insists on following Lucifer, even when he proves his worth by showing his hacking skills. Lucifer just agrees when he sees how persistent River is and treats him as his little brother as time goes by.

"How's the investigation going?" Lucifer asks while signing some important documents.

"I got all the information about the person who threatened my sister-in-law, including his family and all personal information" River pridefully responds, showing Lucifer the detailed dossier he had compiled.

"Good." Lucifer read through the information and noticed the message was sent through a burner phone, but River was able to dig deeper, leading to a small gang leader in Italy who is one of Stella's boyfriends.

"I also include the information about his girlfriend because that guy seems to be willing to do anything for her." River shows another folder with Stella's information, including all of her boyfriends and ex-boyfriends.

New Character Unlock

Close Friend/Brother of Lucifer

Name: River Carlos Rossi

Age: 20 years old

Nationality: Italian

Occupation: Hacker