Chapter 6

Sorry for the late update. Btw, sorry again if you get confused with the story, as I sometimes write it from Athena's POV instead of the third POV.

That's all. Thank you for reading. ^_^

A dazzling golden light slipped through the gap in the curtain and sprinkled on Athena's fluttering eyelids.

She rubbed her eyes and woke up, feeling suffocated from being buried in the blanket like a burrito. Those memories from last night replayed in her mind last night, and she pounded Lucifer's pillow in annoyance. 'Stupid bastard. Luckily, he's gone. I hope he's not going to come tonight.'

Athena got out of bed, opened the curtains, and saw the boring scenery of the forest. 'Let's explore this world to the fullest today.'

After washing, I wore a floral-patterned crop top and some skinny jeans. I got a long black jacket and some cute socks to wear with sneakers. (I'm obsessed with cute socks; who doesn't?)

Then I curled my hair and tied it up in a cute French braid, leaving a little on the side to frame my bangs.

'I look pretty even without makeup. Ah, I still can't stop fangirling about my new, fierce type of beauty.

I went to the kitchen to make some healthy yogurt cereal with a lot of fruits. 'I remember my past life. When I travel, I will always buy a lot of fruits for breakfast before checking into a hotel.'

'Wait, how am I gonna go out? There's no car. Wait, let's order Uber.'

When Athena was done entering her destination in the app, she suddenly remembered that she didn't even know her exact location. 'What to do? There is not even a guard around. What's the use of having a lot of men in the mafia? Can he send one guard to protect me? It's not like it will make him lose anything. Urgh, that bastard!'

Let's just call him like the original owner used to. There's a lot of history of denied calls in the call log. "This bastard must've ignored all the original calls, but let's try."

'That bastard picked up my call' I was so shocked that I almost dropped the phone.

"Hello?." 'Is there no one on the other side?'

"Hmm." 'Just, hmm, what a bastard'

"I want to go out, but there is no car, so..."

"Your bodyguard will arrive soon."

"Why do I need..."

"Beep, beep, beep." 'How dare this bastard hang up on me? Just wait. Be calm, Athena'

A few minutes after the call hangs up, some shiny black cars enter the gate of the villa. "What a pretty car." I stood like a statue while admiring its beauty.

Just then, something or someone interrupted my moment: "Miss Romanov. I'm Alex, and this is Jaden. We will be your bodyguard from now on."

I took my time analyzing these two giants, who called them my bodyguards. 'They are so huge compared to me. I look like a tiny ant compared to them'.

'But the original owner never had bodyguards, so why suddenly now?' "Why do I suddenly have a bodyguard?" I ask Alex with a big question mark on my face.

"We just follow our boss's order," Alex and Jaden answer together with a straight and emotionless face. 'How boring to keep a straight face all the time'

"Whatever. Let's go; I want to go to the biggest shopping mall." walking to the car with Jaden opening the door for me. 'What a gentleman!' "Thank you, Jaden."

"Welcome, Miss Romanov."

Athena noticed that from the villa, the distance to the highway took almost 30 minutes. With no buildings, only trees. No one will notice if he kills me in the villa.

"Whatever, let's just explore this city first," mumbled Athena quietly in the backseat.