Chapter 4

'Act pure, Athena. Act pure.' She kept chanting motivation in her head; she didn't even bother to notice that Lucifer, who was already taking off his tie, was heading toward her. When she realized that the person she was most terrified of was occupying space in the next seat, her body froze. 'Ok, Athena, be as natural as you can about it, as if you've been through it before.'

Just as she was about to open her mouth, she could feel some scrutinizing gaze from beside her. The confidence that she built faltered right away as soon as she saw the judging and perplexed look in the eyes of the other.

"What are you here?" Athena mentally facepalmed her face in her mind. Of course, he can come whenever he wants. This is his house, idiot!!! "You must be tired and want some coffee. I'll make it for you, okay?" Without waiting for his reply, she runs towards the kitchen to make the coffee.

While making the coffee, she keeps thinking of Lucifer's face, which is more like a villain than a male lead, but that's understandable, right? He is not just in the mafia. He is the mafia. Alas, why does the male lead tend to look so good that he doesn't seem like a mortal? His entire body emanated a cold and unapproachable atmosphere that once could feel suffocated by being near him.

Meanwhile, Lucifer becomes perplexed by Athena's abrupt transformation. She typically likes to show him how innocent and seductive she is to entice him, but now she seems timid, like a small rabbit being watched by predators.

Curious of her evil attention again this time, he walks to the kitchen door while watching Athena keep swirling the coffee absentmindedly. He walks behind her but says nothing to watch her reaction. He just wants to ignore her like he usually does, but the timid Athena makes it difficult for him to ignore her.

He could smell the calming fragrance of vanilla and jasmine from her, which always managed to calm him. The smell is not like the disgusting women that always flock around him, but her natural scent, and that's why he decided to keep her.

Athena continues to swirl the coffee until she manages to splash her hands that hold the cup. Startled, she jumped backward and bumped into a hard wall behind her. "When does the kitchen become so cramped?" Athena asked no one. She tries to push the wall behind her to search for a towel to clean up the mess, only to feel a hard wall with a button attached to it.

She turns, confused by what she touches, only to find the other person staring at her icily. Shocked by what she touched, she hurriedly pulled her hand away and moved backward to create as much distance as possible from Lucifer. Lucifer just looked at her and the coffee she made coldly before walking past her and going upstairs to their shared bedroom.

Even though his face doesn't show any expression, he likes to observe people, and sudden change doesn't escape him. He won't do anything to her now unless she crosses the line. The sudden change in Athena managed to trigger something in him.

Some question:

Should I write the story like usual or make it shorter?

I honestly don't have a complete plot until the end, so I'm not sure when it will be completed.

I'll try to write the story every day. Actually, I write the story on the spot by just imagining the plot in my head, so bear with me. You can also suggest some plots that you think may be a great idea. I might use some of your ideas when I'm stuck or blank.

Thanks to those who read my story hehe.

Love,

Butterflyoreo