Chapter 14

Numb was all Athena could feel from her finger that traced the tattoo to her whole body. She slowly turned around to face the person she thought was still asleep. Her hands trembled slightly, and she faltered backward when her eyes met him. How can she not realize their close proximity?

'Huhu, how come I'm so fixated on appreciating his tattoo that I don't even realize he's awake this whole time?' She thought to herself. Athena's heart raced as she tried to compose herself, unsure of what to say next. Her hands trembled slightly, betraying her calm facade.

"Um..." She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out.

"Answer me." Lucifer's eyes narrowed on her. He was already awake the moment she started to wiggle around earlier, but he decided to pretend to be asleep because he wanted to see what she would do.

'It's fun teasing and watching her reaction" Lucifer thinks while maintaining his usual cold poker face.

Athena opened her mouth again while her mind was rushing to form a sentence to answer him. "I... I... want one?"

"Do you want this butterfly one?" Lucifer points at the tattoo that she has traced for a long time.

Athena was too dumb and shocked to answer; she just nodded like a little kid who eagerly wanted candy.

Lucifer got out of bed and freshened up, ignoring the stupidified girl on the bed. Athena watched dumbfoundedly at Lucifer, who entered the bathroom without even acknowledging her nod at his question.

'Is he ignoring me? He ignores me! How dare he?' Athena came out of a trance after Lucifer closed the bathroom door.

She sits cross-legged, facing the bathroom door. "Is he mad at me for touching him? But then he asks me if I want a tattoo. Then he ignores me. What a strange man." Athena mumbles.

Athena reaches for her phone on the nightstand and scrolls through her social media for some of the latest news. She also checks whether her online shopping parcel is arriving or not. Yesterday, she bought some more cute pajamas from Victoria's Secret and some baggy shirts from random shops, along with some bootcut jeans. The previous owner's clothes are too sexy and revealing, and most importantly, they are not her style, so she already separates the ones she gonna donate.

'I need to buy more using Lucifer's money. I'll make him bankrupt, hahaha.' The previous shopping expedition was not enough for her.

"I'm so hungry. Let's make breakfast." She throws her phone on the bed and skips happily downstairs to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Lucifer just finished freshening up. He walks to the closet that he shared with Athena. He can see that her side of the closet is a total mess, with 'donated and unwanted' clothes piled up messily on the floor.

He gets ready for the day in a casual black turtle with a leather jacket and black pants while ignoring the mess at his feet.

While adjusting his watch, a sudden 'ding' notification sound from Athena's phone attracts his attention. He just casually reaches for her phone. There are some messages from an unknown number.

'Get away from Lucifer before I kill you!🔪🔪🩸'
'This is the first warning, and you better listen'
-Unknown number-