Chapter 16

'Why are we at the parlor? Can he show some reactions or something ?' I asked myself, feeling a bit confused by this man's weird behavior.

He simply glanced at me and said, "Get out of the car."

Still confused, she walked out of the car, wondering what was going on and why he was acting so mysteriously. (As if he was not already mysterious enough before this.) As she stepped out, she noticed a group of people waiting outside the parlor, adding to her confusion.

They seem to respect Lucifer as they nod and call him 'boss'. I guess this is their cover-up job to hide their real mafia job.

I casually ask with an innocent face "Why do they call you boss?"

Lucifer just glanced at her and said "I own this building."

"Owhh" she says, walking behind Lucifer into the shop like a little kid. She can also feel eyes on her from the moment she gets out of the car.

The people in this room have gangster faces that make her feel as though they could devour her, so she tries to fix her gaze on Lucifer's back.

Curiosity attacks her when she is near a wall filled with designs. She averted her gaze from the wall, just to realize Lucifer had already walked far ahead.

Nervous at the unfamiliar surroundings and people, she accidentally meets the eyes of the scariest man inside the shop. He had scars on his eyes; his body was ten times her size. Feeling a shiver run down her spine, she quickly looks away and hurries to catch up with Lucifer, hoping to avoid any further interactions with the intimidating individuals in the room. As she walks, she can't shake off the feeling of being watched, making her heart race even faster. She walked quickly to Lucifer and held his hand for comfort.

Lucifer felt a tug at his sleeve and saw a pale white Athena. "What's wrong?"

"I'm scared" she said, clenching Lucifer's hand because she could feel the gaze on her face. Lucifer squeezed her hand while casually glancing around the room.

The people in the shop can feel that their boss is angry, so they hurriedly avert their gaze. They can feel a chill running down their spine. They all share the same glance of shock. Their boss, who always avoids other people's touch, especially women, just let that girl hold his hand.

They all have the same thought: 'This must be our future lady boss'

Lucifer leads Athena to his exclusive room, where he usually gets his tattoos.

"Are you getting a tattoo?" Athena asked.

Lucifer watched the little bunny curiously walk around the room, watching and touching everything she was curious about. 'Cute'

"Not me, but you" he adds while sitting on the sofa.

Shocked but mostly terrified, she quickly walks and sits on the sofa near Lucifer. "I don't want a tattoo! It hurts!"

Lucifer amusedly watches her as she makes a hurt and scared face at the thought of the tattoo needle.

Athena ignored Lucifer's amused face, and she continued to explain to him why she couldn't get a tattoo.

"It doesn't hurt at certain places. Don't you want the bunny tattoo this morning?" he asked.

"I want it. It's cute, but it will hurt." She admits defeat and makes a pouty face.

But then she curiously asks "Why do you have a bunny? Does it have meaning?"

"There is no meaning." Lucifer recalls accepting his friend's bet to get some girly tattoos, which is how he obtained that particular tattoo. They thought he wouldn't get it because it was too girly, but he never backed down from a bet in his rebellious phase.

'But it will have meaning after this'

"Yo Luc" enters Roman, who is also Lucifer's friend and the owner of this shop.

"Roman" Lucifer stands to greet his friend while Athena hides behind Lucifer because Roman is 'huge'. 'Why all his friends are huge'

"What tattoo do you want to get today?" Roman gets ready in his chair.

"Not me"

"Who? There is no one here other than you." Roman laughs at his friend's joke.

Then he realized that this guy never jokes, so he curiously looked around the room just to see a pair of feet in between Lucifer's legs.