Chapter 5

After she recovered from the shock, she quickly washed and cleaned everything as fast as possible and followed Lucifer upstairs. She enters the room and hears the shower running.

Determined to draw a line, she hurriedly sank beneath the quilts and took up position at the other end of the bed. Then she heard the bathroom door open and snapped her eyes shut.

While Athena is unaware that her body is trembling under Lucifer's intense looks, Lucifer's keen eyes never miss this action of hers. 'Luckily, I'm wearing pajamas instead of pretty lingerie. Let's immediately go to sleep and pretend nothing happens tomorrow morning.'

But Athena's wish doesn't come true when she feels the other side of the bed sink and the smell of sandalwood and forest waft into her personal space.

Lucifer saw her pretend to sleep, so he also laid down. He pretends not to notice the sudden distance between them and pulls Athena to him for a hug as usual. He felt her stiffen from his touch, and a sinister smile appeared, making him look like a devil in the dark. He ignored the person and continued to smell her neck. He can feel his body slowly relax from the tension, but the smell makes him want to eat her.

His cruel eyes continue to watch her movement as he moves his hand all over her body. Athena was startled and wanted to push his wandering hand, but she remained quiet to avoid discovering that she was not asleep. But when his hand was near her chest, the woman suddenly held his hand tight to avoid any further movement.

Feeling the force of his hand. In a panic, she accidentally shouted, "Lucifer!" If her recollection is correct, Lucifer never engages in any intimate behavior other than giving hugs before going to sleep. 'What happened? Am I missing something from my memory?'

Lucifer immediately straddled Athena to stop her from wriggling so much. It made him annoyed. He felt like Athena was trying to run away from him. The same girl makes him feel annoyed when she acts coquettishly toward him.

They stared at each other; his stare was scorching, like he wanted to melt her, and it made her feel restless and intimidated. 'Stay calm, Athena. Remember, the original likes Lucifer, so I must act the same.'

"Were you trying to seduce me? Is this your new way of seducing me? By changing your behavior." He whispered in her ear as he nibbled and bit her earlobe. He can see the once-white earlobe turn bright red, as in shyness.

'This bastard. Why is he so smart? Can he be stupid for once and pretend as if nothing happened? Urgh, so annoyed'

"Who is going to seduce you? I'm just tired and sleepy. Let's continue to sleep." Athena shows a sweet and tired smile that shows her cute dimple. 'Can this night go quickly? I feel suffocating just being in the same room with this devil'

The light from outside the window spilled, reflecting the man's angular face's half-light and half-darkness, revealing nothing after hearing her answer. Athena couldn't clearly see Lucifer's reaction because, from her view, she could only see Lucifer's shadows.

If she sees Lucifer's eyes at that time, she will be scared sh*tless. Lucifer, who is trained in the mafia, can clearly tell that Athena is lying, but he wants to observe her for a few more days to see why her temperament suddenly changes.

Pretending to believe her answer, he moved to the side and continued to hug her to sleep. Athena released a reliving sigh as she felt that Lucifer was asleep, as there was no movement from him.

'Thank God it worked. Tomorrow, I need to plan my escape route fast before being discovered.

Athena fell asleep after a few minutes of thinking. Once her breathing was steady, Lucifer's eyes immediately opened, and the hand that hugged her tightened. There was some voice in his mind that kept whispering to him that Athena was going to run away from him. This made him tighten his hand so much that Athena started to wriggle around his arm. He released her a little bit but continued to hug her to sleep. The last thing on his mind before he goes to sleep is that he needs to assign some hidden guards around her.