Chapter 17

Roman quietly walks towards Lucifer with a playful smile. He could guess who was hiding behind Lucifer. Few people know that Lucifer has a 'lover' but have never seen her. Roman had always been curious about the mysterious woman who captured Lucifer's heart.

Only Lucifer's trusted friends know about her, but since they have never seen her, they always thought Lucifer said that to prevent the women brought by them from disturbing him.

As he got closer, he had to believe that Lucifer had a lover because Lucifer didn't mind the girl's touch. They know that Lucifer hates being touched, but now seeing this scene, he can confirm that this is the girl they secretly want to meet.

Roman ignores the warning gaze of Lucifer. On the other hand, Athena doesn't realize that the big guy is coming towards her because she is busy burying her face in Lucifer's back.

'What do they eat to become taller? I want to be taller too!' Athena huffs even more when she realizes that her height doesn't even reach Lucifer's shoulder.

Despite giving a warning to Roman, Lucifer didn't mind because he also wanted to see the little bunny's reaction. Also, he trusts Roman to do her tattoo because Roman doesn't play with the opposite gender.

Roman stops behind Athena and taps her shoulder to surprise her while screaming 'boo' in her ear.

The unaware Athena screams and starts to climb Lucifer back while shouting "Lucifer, there's a ghost!!!" She immediately tightened the hug, just like Koala, when she felt that she was being pulled from behind. "Go away, go away, go away!" she chanted while seeking comfort from Lucifer.

Lucifer chuckles at her action but still supports her body to prevent her from sliding down.

"Enough Roman" Feeling that the bunny is on the verge of crying, he stops Roman.

Roman also stopped, but the amusement never left his face. Even more curious about the girl.

"Come down." Lucifer patted her.

"No! Don't wanna!" hiding her face in Lucifer's neck.

"There's no ghost. Come down"

With a pout, she still comes down but still sticks close to Lucifer while glaring at the culprit.

"HAHAHA!" Roman laughs at the 'scary' glare Athena is giving him. He continued to snicker even more when he caught the sight of Lucifer, who also glared at him. Looking between both of them, one had a cute, harmless glare, while the other had a murderous, scary glare.

Roman's laughter gradually subsided. "I'm sorry for scaring you. By the way, my name is Roman. I'm the owner of this tattoo shop." He turns his hand toward Athena for a greeting, hoping to make amends for his prank. Athena hesitantly shook his hand, while her glare softened slightly as she quietly introduced herself from behind Lucifer.

"Hi, I'm Athena." Roman smiled warmly, relieved that the tension was starting to dissipate. "You're the one who wants to get a tattoo?" Roman asks, his professional tone returning.

Athena nodded, feeling more at ease now that Roman seemed friendly. "Yes" she replied, a small smile forming on her face.

Roman gestured for her to follow him to the tattoo chair. Still holding Lucifer's hand, she walks to the chair. Realizing that she doesn't want to release Lucifer. He pulled out another chair for Lucifer to sit on.

Wearing the glove, he asks "Do you have the design, or do you want to see our catalog?"

She suddenly pulls Lucifer's hand with a shy face. Lucifer can already guess her mind, so he answers for her. "She wants the bunny tattoo that I got during the bet long ago."

Roman knows which tattoo bunny Lucifer is referring to because he is the one who does it. He gives a knowing smirk at Lucifer while grabbing the catalog book and searching for that specific tattoo. He points at the design toward Athena. "This one?"

She nodded and asked "Will it hurt?"

"It will hurt because this is your first time, but you can tell me to stop if the pain is unbearable, ok?" Feeling hesitant, she sought help from Lucifer, as he was the one whom she was more comfortable with.

She finally relaxed and nodded towards Roman when Lucifer reassured her with his eyes, even though his face portrayed nothing. 'Wow! How can I understand his eyes?'

"Where do you want to get the tattoo?" Roman asked, breaking the silence. Athena hesitated for a moment before pointing to her rib. Roman nodded and began preparing his equipment, ready to start the process.

She pulls her cami until it folds under her breasts, exposing the area for the tattoo. Roman carefully positioned himself and began the intricate design, causing a slight discomfort that Athena could bear.

She constantly clenches Lucifer's hands, while Lucifer clenches back her hand in comfort.

Athena can feel her eyes becoming teary from the pain, but she still puts on a strong front, determined to finish the tattoo. Roman also stopped for a while, seeing her teary face. "Do you want to rest for a while?"

A tear fell from her eyes, but she shook her head. She wants to get this done quickly.

Roman understands her, so he works diligently but faster, ensuring the design comes out perfectly. He also feels weird about why he cares so much about her. He glances at the dark face of Lucifer for a moment before he resumes his job.

Lucifer himself realized that he had begun to care more about Athena. He felt somehow disturbed at the sight of her tears but still kept a straight face.

The original plan to let her go with compensation when she was no longer needed is being discarded. He feels something he never felt before, and he plans to keep her longer till he understands why he feels this way. He knows he needs to figure out what Athena means to him before making any decisions about the future. As long as she poses no threat to the mafia, he will keep her close and continue to observe their relationship.

New Character Unlock

Close Friend of Lucifer

Name: Roman Antonio Salvatore

Age: 27 years old

Nationality: Italian

Occupation: Owner of Blaze Tattoo Shop. He was also a doctor in the Italian Mafia.

______________________________________

Some notes from me...

Hi guys! I made this chapter longer as compensation. I might not update frequently like before because I have the whole week, so I'm busy with note-making, but I'll try to update when I'm free.

Thank you for supporting my story. Love you guys. 😘😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️❤️