Chapter 18

Location: Mikhailov Corps, on the same day.

Stella feels giddy standing in front of her 'husband's' company. Today is the first day she's going to be working at Lucifer Company. Naturally, through backdoor connections. She will make sure Lucifer takes notice of her, since she's determined to prove her competence and gain a position among her colleagues. Arrogantly surveying her surroundings, Stella strolls confidently toward the entrance, carrying herself as though she owned the company—after all, she will marry Lucifer.

"Is Lucifer here?" she questioned as she made her way to the front desk with a smug expression.

The girl at the reception has already used to many women asking if their boss is here and would like to meet him instantly like they have a right. The receptionist, unimpressed by Stella's demeanor, simply replied, "I'm sorry, but Mr. Lucifer is not available at the moment. Can I take a message?" Stella's confidence cracked when she saw the look of 'Who do you think you are?' plastered on the receptionist's face.

She was so angry that she almost turned on her heel and stormed out of the building, but instead took a deep breath and regained her elegant aura. She ignored the receptionist and walked towards the elevator.

The receptionist saw that and thought that Stella was going to storm all her way through to meet her boss. Afraid that she was being reported for not doing her job, she quickly ran after Stella to warn her.

"Miss, you can't just walk in here without an access card. If you insist on entering, I might need to call security on you." The receptionist girl stood firm in front of Stella.

Stella looked at the receptionist and said, "I work here, so why can't I enter?" She flashed her access card and then walked past to scan.

After entering the elevator, she makes a call to her current boyfriend, who works in senior management at Mikhailov Corps and is the one who helped her get this job.

"Baby... Someone bullied me on my first day. She looked down on me." She whines.

"Are you hurt anywhere? Tell me her name!" Said the boyfriend, concern evident in his voice.

Stella replied, "I'm fine. It's just embarrassing to be treated like that in front of others. I don't know her name, but she is stationed at the front desk. You must avenge me. I don't want her to cause any more trouble if she does it to another client again." She said pitifully, as if caring, that the company would lose a client.

"I'll fire her immediately when I know who she is. Don't worry if someone bothers you; you can find me at my office. Maybe I could calm you down." He said it flirtily through the phone.

"Thank you, baby. That would make me feel better. Okay, baby, I'll be sure to come when I need help to calm down," Stella replied, with a sultry sound.

She ends the call with an annoyed face reflected on the elevator door. Stella knew she had to play along with his advances to ensure she could use him when she needed him.

"Urghh... stupid guy. Can't he just fire some people in the secretary's office?!" She wants to work near Lucifer, so she asks her boyfriend to find her a spot, but he says that the secretary department is not under him, so he can't fire people at will.

"But that's okay as long as I can attract Lucifer's attention again and get rid of that golddigger and those who looked down on me." Stella grinned viciously, knowing she had a plan in place to acquire the position she deserved. She was determined to do whatever it took to get what she wanted, even if it meant playing a dangerous game.

The receptionist from before had already gossiped about Stella in the company's private group chat, where gossip is being shared. Stella had no idea her new coworkers were already dissatisfied with her attitude even before meeting her.

Back at the tattoo shop

Athena had dried tears on her face when Roman finished her tattoo. She watches as Roman covers her tattoo with some gel and a transparent sticker.

"Make sure to keep it clean, and you can remove the bandage after a few hours. Lucifer can take care of it for you if you can't remember," Roman said, as his professional side was long gone after he finished explaining what she needed to be aware of.

He retrieved some wet wipes and gave them to Athena. "Here, wipe your tears away; you did great," he said softly, offering her a reassuring smile.

Athena nodded gratefully, feeling a sense of relief wash over her as she wiped her tears.

"Thank you!" Athena said this while adjusting her clothes properly. "How much?" she asked.

"You don't need to pay me; just make sure to come here often." Roman laughed at her. 'I can understand why Lucifer is drawn to her' Roman thought as he saw her gaze toward the door, where Lucifer had gone out to answer a call.

After ending his call, Lucifer entered the room and watched Roman and Athena converse as though they had been friends for a long time.

"I'll come here again soon so we can eat out" Athena said happily to Roman. This is the first ever friend she made after transmigrating, so she was so excited that her feet kept swaying like a little kid who had a sugar rush. 'He's not as intimidating as it seems.'

"Okay. I'll wait for you!" Roman is grateful that Athena is not like other girls who want to get close to them for money. When he tells her he's gay, she's also happy for him. Most of the girls he meets will try to look calm, but you can see how disgusted they are. Roman can see that she isn't lying or pretending to be nice. 'It's hard to find a girl like her in the mafia' thought Roman.

Lucifer approached them, seeing that they had never noticed him entering the room. "Done?"

"Yeah!" Athena replied. "You want to come here again?" Lucifer asks casually while sitting on the sofa. "Yes. Can I?" She pouts cutely at Lucifer. Lucifer, already immune to her pouty face, just said, "Yeah" He was not worried if it was Roman.