Chapter 15

The look Lucifer had on his face after seeing the messages was enough to freeze the whole room. He doesn't understand why he feels the need to kill the messenger, even though the message is not directed at him.

'Who does this woman mess with to receive threats like this? Who's him?'

Lucifer can't shake off the feeling that he is somehow connected to the situation. His instinct never lies. He sends the number of the mysterious messenger to River, the best hacker in the underworld, and also his best friend, to trace the person behind the threats.

He put Athena's phone back on the bed and proceeded downstairs to the kitchen because he could smell the breakfast Athena was preparing.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen.

You can let your makeup ruin my sheets.
You can let your nails dig into me.
It's my reminder of you, reminder of you ah.
Girl, I love the taste of your jealousy.
Leave it on my tongue; you're my ecstasy.
Hmm...Hmm... Hmm...
(From my fav song, Makeup by Chris Grey)

Athena was swaying her hip while humming, lost in the music, while setting the table for breakfast. She's too lazy to cook extravagant breakfasts, so she just makes some simple English breakfasts. She unconsciously prepares black coffee for Lucifer, like some kind of morning ritual.

'Oh my god!!! Did I develop a habit of making coffee for that man?'

While Athena was lost in her thoughts, Lucifer leaned against the kitchen door with a smirk on his face from the moment she started swaying and singing around the kitchen like her own personal dance floor.

"Uhum" Lucifer cleared his throat while walking to his seat.

Athena, startled by the sudden cough out of nowhere, turned to face him with a slight blush on her cheeks. Athena freaks out on the inside while trying to maintain her composure on the outside. 'How long has he been there watching me? Why do I always show my stupid side whenever he's around?' she thought to herself.

Looking at his expression doesn't show anything; maybe he doesn't even notice. Athena tries to comfort herself by taking a deep breath and reminding herself to just act naturally.

She also sits down in her seat and focuses her attention on the food to pacify her angry tummy.

The way she quickly and greedily stuffs the food in her mouth manages to attract the attention of Lucifer, who calmly eats and observes her quietly, with a glint of amusement in his eyes at her ravenous appetite.

Thinking of her behavior this morning, he plans to bring her to the mafia tattoo parlor. The image of a tattoo on her body never leaves his mind. He also noticed that there had been some kind of possessive thought in his head since the moment her attitude changed or her 'true nature' was exposed. Lucifer finds himself intrigued by the idea of marking her as his own. (I forgot to remind y'all that the male lead is a possessive demon, so be prepared for some possessive and territorial behavior.)

"Get ready" He said with his usual cold and detached demeanor, sending a shiver down her spine.

"Ready? For what?" Athena replied with a silly, confused expression.

"Somewhere"

My eyebrows scrunched up together as I tried to think of where he might be referring to.

'Whatever, eat first, panic later' I thought as I finished gobbling up the food.

I quickly went upstairs to shower and change into nicer clothes for the day. I picked a cute back skirt and white cami to wear under my cute black and white crop top. I styled my hair into a messy bun and applied a light layer of makeup before heading out the door.

The moment I reach the end of the stairs, I see Lucifer calmly walk out of the kitchen. He kind of observed my outfit and then walked past me without saying a word.

'Would he please be so kind as to complement my outfit?' I rolled my eyes.'

'Did my eyes play some tricks on me? I think his eyes darkened for a split second, but maybe I am just imagining things.

"Whatever"

"La, la, la." She skips outside and locks the front door. Then she calmly walked to his car and opened the passenger door. As I settled into the seat, he drove out of the villa.

Even though she is worried about where Lucifer might bring her, she can still enjoy it because this is her second time going outside. She doesn't know why, but she feels safe with him, even knowing her ends in the future.

The ride doesn't feel as uncomfortable as she expected, and she finds herself relaxing in his presence. She can't shake the feeling of loss when she remembers that he doesn't even belong to her. 'Stop it, Athena, and remember your goal.'

Feeling bored with the silence. "Can I play some music?" Her mosquito-like voice breaks the silence in the car. Lucifer glances at her and nods. The music fills the car, easing her nerves as they continue on their journey.

Realizing that the car had stopped, she looked out the window and saw that they had arrived at their destination.

Shock plastered on her face, she turns to Lucifer and asks, "Why are we here?"