Chapter 10

Athena quickly changed into cozy pajamas featuring adorable animals after taking a shower in the bathroom. She scurried around the room to look for her new plush slipper with the characters from her favorite cartoon. As soon as she had found it, she made a run for the door and bolted for the kitchen, where Lucifer was already sitting on a bar stool waiting for her.

She paid no mind to Lucifer's gaze on her and quickly cooked a plain and easy dinner of rice, vegetable soup, and beef black pepper. Then, she immediately lays out the dishes on the table and then sits down on the seat right across from Lucifer.

She said this with little confidence as she was looking at the food, avoiding eye contact. "I hope it suits your taste. I just cooked something simple."

"Just edible," muttered Lucifer after taking one tiny bite of the beef black paper.

'Just that and nothing else? Why can't he just flatter me a little bit? I cooked for him, and he just said it was eatable. How rude!'

Lucifer, seeing her angry expression, had a look of amusement on his face, but when Athena looked up, that amusement vanished from his face.

'He even finished it, although he said it was just eatable. Such two faces.'

After cleaning the dishes and making sure that everything in the kitchen is tidy and clean, Athena goes to the living room and decides to watch some movies. There was no sign of Lucifer after dinner. 'Who cares about him'

Athena is now considering watching some horror films, as suggested. Before the movie, she surrounded herself with a pillow for shielding.

The room is dimly lit, so it conveys a desolate mood like in the movie, which makes Athena feel nervous and uneasy. A noise from behind Athena starts to terrify her halfway through the movie. She didn't want to look behind her, thinking of the villa in the middle of nowhere that was full of weird creatures.

"Don't think too much; it might be just Lucifer," she whispered quietly.

"Lucifer, is that you? Don't scare me!" She exclaimed, hearing the steps coming towards her, then suddenly panicked when she did not get a reply. She grabs the pillow tightly. Her eyes were filled with tears of fright.

"Lucifer, where are you?" she sobbed.

"I'm here" replied Lucifer calmly, facing her.

She swiftly turns around and looks straight at Lucifer. Lucifer stands behind her, and she represses all the previous memories and jumps on him.

Lucifer, who didn't have time to think, grabbed her in an instant. Then he saw the peach-colored natural blush that had come over her cheeks. Tears are flowing from her eyes. She cried hard and softly between Lucifer's necks. She looked so innocent, like a child asking to be coaxed.

His eyes darkened watching her unguarded look. He cradles the scared rabbit in his arms and sits in the place where the girl was previously sitting in front of the large TV.

He took out the remote control and pressed the pause button. "Why watch if you know that you're scared?"

Athens kept shivering within his arms. In her previous life, she was a princess who enjoyed being pampered and was terrified of ghosts, although she always traveled alone. Her parents would always soothe her fear during her travels by video-calling her. In this life, she can only depend on this man, so she has to temporarily forget her prejudices towards him until she can find some information about herself in this world.

"The TV just recommended it, but it was all your fault for making me scared" she kept on whimpering and punching Lucifer's chest.

Her delicate punch doesn't hurt Lucifer at all. He just observed her venting her anger with amusement on his face.

Athena had no idea that she was sitting on top of Lucifer with her face buried in his chest. She cried herself to sleep, leaning on Lucifer. Her face was blotched up with wet, dried tears.

Lucifer was just looking at her with an unreadable face.