Entry 9

Dear Diary,

Something strange happened in our garden yesterday. As I was chasing a pesky squirrel, I noticed a strange glimmer near one of the water features. Curiosity took hold of me, and I went over to investigate. The closer I got to it, the more the glimmer formed a distinct oval shape, and I suddenly found myself staring at a portal to another world.

As I approached the opening, I couldn't help but be mesmerized by the pastel-colored swirls of pinks, purples, and blues that seemed to shimmer and pulse with otherworldly energy. It was as if I was standing at the threshold of a new universe, completely different from anything I'd ever experienced. The world inside was unlike anything I'd ever seen before, even after all the magical places that Lillith and I had visited together. It was a place that felt truly alien, with strange and swampy landscapes that seemed to stretch on as far as I could see from my little window into all this.

Despite my curiosity, I decided not to enter the portal. I wasn't sure what kind of world lay on the other side, and I didn't want to take risks without Lillith, my witch. Instead, I sat near the portal and observed the strange world inside. From where I sat, I could see tall vine- and moss-covered trees through the thick, dark fog of the swamp land. I could hear faint calls and noises of creatures I'd never heard before. As dark and dense as it was, it had a sense of beautifully calm, magical energy pouring out of the portal.

Right on cue, Lillith walked out and stopped dead in her tracks next to me, awestruck by the view just like I was. She asked me where this came from, and I asked her how I stumbled across it. I begged her excitedly to explore it as soon as possible. She seemed hesitant initially, but the more we discussed the possibilities of magical discoveries, the more her excitement and curiosity became visible.

We decided to call Monet and Munin to investigate and explore with us; they arrived as fast as possible when we called. Equally excited to join us, they began asking questions before exiting their car. They wanted to know everything we had discovered so far, which wasn't much; our only theory was that we had created such a tranquil space for meditation and filled it with so much magical energy that we had opened up a secret doorway. We are still unsure, but we are impatient to discover more.

Right now, Munin and I are watching the portal in case it disappears or anything decides to come out. Monet and Lillith are working diligently to prepare for every worst-case scenario before we enter. I will write down everything about this journey when I can; I assume we have a long journey ahead of us.

-Felicette