Entry 11

Dear Diary,

It's been a month since Lillith and Monet disappeared into the portal, and Munin and I have been feeling lost without them. We've tried everything possible to get them back, but nothing has worked. We've still considered reaching out to other witches and wizards for help, but we're lost on where to start. It's been a difficult time for us, and our hearts feel heavy with sadness. We're still holding on to hope that Lillith and Monet will return soon, but every passing day without them feels like an eternity.

Something strange has happened in the garden again. The same glimmer I saw near the water feature before the portal appeared has reappeared. At first, I thought it was just a trick of the light, but as I got closer, I was sure this was the same glimmer. This time, however, it didn't change into the same oval shape as before; it stayed a glimmer, almost a fluorescent crack in the air itself.

As we got closer, we saw the pastel-colored swirls pulsing with energy like before. It was as if the portal was trying to open again. Munin and I were hesitant to approach it, but our curiosity got the best of us. As we got closer, we saw that the portal was not opening again. It has been about three days since the glimmer came back, and it has not opened.

Munin has been watching it, silently crying to himself. He refuses to eat, sleep, or look away; he's convinced himself that if he looks away, it will disappear again. I've been trying to figure out what was different about the last time the glimmer appeared. I've tried standing in the same spot, approaching it faster or slower, anything to match the moment it opened before. But I'm lost, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I miss Lillith and Monet so much, and the thought of never seeing them again is unbearable. I can't imagine a life without them; every passing day feels like a never-ending nightmare. I'm trying to stay strong, but it's getting harder and harder.

-Felicette