Entry 10

Dear Diary,

It's been over a week since I last wrote, and Munin and I are mentally and emotionally burned out. Shortly after I ended my last entry, Lillith and Monet went into the portal alone. Munin and I begged them to let us join them and not go without our support, but they insisted; not knowing what this world had to offer, they didn't want to put us in unnecessary danger. As soon as they had fully entered, the portal closed with a bright arc-like blast and a strange sound.

Munin and I have been waiting for them to return, but there has yet to be any sign of them. We are beyond worried at this point; we have no ideas left. We've been watching where the portal last opened, but it's been closed since Lillith and Monet went inside. We've tried various spells to open it in multiple spaces in the garden, but nothing is working.

Munin and I have been discussing our options, and we're considering contacting other witches and wizards for help. Our world is tiny as familiars, but we need to figure out where to start with contacting other magic folks. We know that Lillith and Monet are strong and capable witches, but we also understand that the portal they entered was unlike anything we've ever seen. We're worried they might be in danger or trapped on the other side.

Not knowing why they haven't returned has caused our minds to run wild. What if they are just stuck? What if one of them is injured? What if they are gone? Munin's biggest question is: What if they don't want to come back? Munin has convinced himself that the magical world they entered was so beautiful and unique that we weren't worth coming back to. I refuse to believe this is true.

It's been a tough time for Munin and me. We've been trying to keep ourselves busy and distract each other, but it's not the same without Lillith and Monet. They were an essential part of our little group; a part of us is missing without them.

For now, we'll keep watching the portal and hoping for Lillith and Monet's safe return, no matter what we feel.

We've been trying to keep up with our daily routines, but focusing on anything else is hard. Munin has been spending most of his time on the windowsill, watching the garden, while I've been trying to find something to occupy my mind. I've been reading some of the books in the library, hoping, begging the universe, that something can give us information to figure this mess out.

I don't know how much longer we can keep this up. Munin and I are both exhausted, physically and emotionally. We need our friends back, and we need them back soon. We'll keep waiting and watching, hoping for a sign of their safe return.

-Felicette