Chapter 4

Phoenix's pov:

I walked in my house devastated. My day sucked . I hate those stupid fucking girls, I wish they would just leave me alone, I don't know what they get out of picking on me every time im at school.

But hopefully hanging out with Johnnie will make my day better.

6:20 pm

I was eating some snacks while watching YouTube until I realized what time it was. Shit! I need to start getting ready to see Johnnie!! I jumped out my seat and sprinted to the closet, picking out a cute outfit.

I picked out some fishnets, with a cute band shirt, black shorts, and a black jacket, matched with some black chunky platform boots.

I finished the outfit off with some black spike bracelets.

I was really nervous. I don't really hang out with people, I mean shit I don't even have friends. Maybe a few I just say hey to in the hallways at school but I don't think that really claims them as "friends".

But anyways, hopefully I don't make a fool out of myself tonight somehow.

Johnnie's pov:

It was now 6:43 and I'm still not ready! God damn it. I'm trying to style my hair perfectly but one of the stupid strands aren't falling in place how I want it to! Jeez!!

I finally got my hair how I wanted it. I put on my dark black eyeliner and smudged it all over my eyes. I wore a cool t-shirt with a black jacket and black jeans. Just something simple.

I hope I look good enough. I had mixed feelings about hanging out with Phoenix, I was nervous but also somewhat excited. Mm.. more nervous I would say.

I started walking down the trail that leads to Crest wood park, it was getting dark and the park lights started to flash on, glaring everywhere.

I saw a walking figure in the distance, it was Phoenix. She looked really nice actually.

"Heyy!" She said smiling. I could tell on her face she was nervous.

"Hey Phoenix! I'm glad you asked to hang out, I don't ever have shit to do anyways." I replied.

"Oh yeah.. me either. My mom and dad are pretty much always out of town with work shit. They never have time for me so I'm pretty lonely often." She said loosing her smile.

I felt sorry for her.

"Im sorry. But I understand actually, I've always had that alone feeling, but um.. anyways I've noticed that you have my chemical romance t-shirts??" I said trying to brighten the mood.

"Omg yes! I love my chemical romance, they are honestly like one of my favorite bands!! I noticed that you have the same t-shirt as me too!" She slightly jumped up and down with an excited expression on her face.

"Sick! I love that band!" I said. I didn't know how to keep conversations as well. I was just nervous.

"Here follow me, I know a cool place here at night."

I followed her through the lit up park lights, until it slowly got darker and darker.

She took me to a big tree, surrounded by bushes and dried up flowers around it.

Phoenix's pov:

"Isn't this nice?" I said in excitement. "I always come here when I want to think about shit or chill or something." I said looking at him.

His hair blew in the wind, as he brushed the bangs out of his face.

"Yeah this is really nice actually." He said looking around.

He was picking at his arm. He seemed anxious.

I sat against the tree until I felt a twig on the ground scrape against my fresh scars.

"Ow fuck!" I yelled.

"Are you okay Phoenix??" He walked over to me, bending down to see if I was okay.

My arm started bleeding and I didn't want him to see, this was my worst nightmare. I knew I was gonna make a fool out of myself.

"Uh yeah I'm okay... fuck um.." I said trying to swallow the lump in my throat.

He looked in my eyes. "Hey it's okay alright? No need to cry I'm right here. What's wrong?"

I looked away quickly to stop myself from crying.

He sat down next to me. "Look, I know we just kinda met and stuff but I'll always listen to what you have to say."

"It's okay im fine a twig just uh scraped against me." I said knowing there was more to it.

He looked into my eyes with a concerned look.
"Okay but if you ever need to talk about something, just let me know okay? I won't bite."

I smiled a bit.

"Thank you Johnnie, ya know I've always wanted to be friends with you, I just never had the balls to really say anything until I texted you." I said while he was looking at the stars in the sky.

He turned his head to me.

"What made you text me? I'm not thattt interesting." He smiled.

"I don't know I just thought I needed to stop being so... anxious about everything I mean all I do is overthink about every little thing."

"Well I definitely relate Phoenix." He said picking at his black nail polish on his fingers.

"Yeah, I thought we would have a lot in commo-

*RINGG*

Johnnie grabbed his phone out his pocket.

"Shittt it's my mom, she's probably home from work wondering where I am. Ugh." He said sighing.

"Hello?.... I'm just at the park with my friend Phoenix, what....? Ugh okay fine." He said on the phone.

He hung up.

"I'm really sorry Phoenix but my mom wants me to go home for some dumb reason. I wish I could hang longer."

"No it's okay! I'll walk you home." I said kind of disappointed, but it's okay.

"Alright thanks." He said with a bright grin.

We got to his house.

"This is my house, hah obviously, I'll see you another time okay Phoenix?" He said smiling.

"Uh yeah okay!" I said smiling back.

He walked up and gave me a hug for a quick second.

"Byee!"

"Byee Johnnie!"

I began to walk home. I pulled up my sleeve looking at the dried blood, with a frown on my face. That fucking stick really hurt, enough to make me cry.

I was happy to see Johnnie but I wished he could have stayed longer... but it's okay.

I got to my house, once again all alone.

Johnnie texted.

Johnnie: goodnight Phoenix :D

Phoenix: goodnight Johnnie! 🌙

I texted back with a huge smile.

// Sorry I haven't posted a chapter in a minute! I hope this was good enough :)) //