Chapter 8

Phoenix's pov:

I was sitting in my room listening to "What is Love?" By Never Shout Never.

Thinking about Johnnie actually.

We haven't hung out today, he had to go shopping with his mom or something.

I felt really alone, and really down today. Probably because I wasn't with Johnnie. But this feeling wasn't new to me at all.

I was just thinking about the memories me and Johnnie have made already. We just met only like 2 months ago and I feel like I've known him my whole life. I just see and understand him so much. I see right through him.

I thought about his smile,

his laugh,

his voice,

how much he makes me feel safe,

how he makes sure I'm always okay.

I miss him.

He really is my comfort person. I wish we could be together right now.

I picked up my phone and starting scrolling on instagram, and I got a message from..

Johnnie!

Johnnie: you okay phee? miss you!

I smiled widely.

Phoenix: I'm okay, just feel down today. missing you more.

I started to tear up for some reason. I just felt so incredibly sad.

My sight blurred up from the tears forming.

*ding*

Johnnie: don't worry okay? I'll be back later tonight and I'll spend the night.

I wiped my eyes and felt an instant relief.

Phoenix: can't wait to see you!

Johnnie: 🖤🖤

I smiled and hearted his message, and turned my phone off. I kinda didn't eat today, so I decided to go make something to eat.

I went into the kitchen and made a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and got a cup of water.

I sat on the couch and watched a show while I eating.

Just alone and bored. But I definitely was looking forward to Johnnie coming over soon. I missed him so much, even though I saw him yesterday morning.

9:36 pm

I woke up to a touch on my shoulder. I guess I fell asleep on the couch.

I opened my eyes only to see..

Johnnie :)

I jumped up and gave him a huge hug.

"I missed youu!" I said with my head on his shoulder.

He hugged me tightly saying "I missed you more phee."

"How was your day?"

"Boringggg"

I snickered at him. "Yeah how was shopping with your mom haha!" I said.

"It was alright, like I said I was just bored. Would've rather hung out with you obviously."

"Yeah, my day sucked. I was so sad."

"It's okay, I'm here with you now we can be sad together." He said laughing.

I laughed also.

He sat next to me and we looked at each other.

He moved closer to me.

I admired his grey colored eyes, and his black straight hair.

He held my face with his hand and ran his thumb across my cheek.

I smiled at him and he smiled back.

*DING*

I reached for my phone and grabbed it out my pocket.

Mom: Me and dad will be back home tomorrow, we are sorry for being gone so long! Love you.

"Holy fucking shit-"

"What??" Johnnie said concerned.

"Look!" I said flipping the phone around to show him.

"Oh fuck, they are finally coming home, well that's good phee!"

"Yeah actually! But they are probably gonna act weird about you.. fuck I never thought about that."

"What do you mean? They don't want you hanging with boys or something? I mean shit they leave you home alone all the time so why would they even care."

"Right. It's fine they are just gonna have to deal with it. You're my best friend and that would never end."

"Exactly, I would die if we ever stopped hanging out and stuff. You mean a bunch to me Phoenix."

"I know, same with you and you know that already."

I turned my head and we grinned at each other.

"So I'm guessing I can't stay the night?" He said frowning.

"Ugh.. yeah. They would freak out probably."

"Alright well that's fine. You need to catch up with your parents anyways."

"True."

Me and Johnnie hanged out for about another 2 hours, time went by fast and it was already 11:43.

"Phee, I'm gonna go ahead and head home, you got a big day tomorrow."

"Okayyy, I'll miss you." I said fake crying.

"You'll surviveeee silly" he said putting my head in his chest.

I squeezed him tightly. I didn't want to let go.

He gave me a small kiss on my forehead.

"Bye Phoenix, be safe and good luck with tomorrow." He said smiling at me standing in the front doorway.

"Bye Johnnie! You be safe too and text me." I said smiling back.

I watched him walk into the shadows, turning down the street.

I walked upstairs and got ready for bed. I thought of how tomorrow could go, kind of overthinking it. As always.

I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

///Sorry for not writing yesterday! hope this was decent!////