Chapter 14

(This story contains strong language and violence)

Johnnie's pov:

It was a couple weeks later and me and Phoenix were getting ready to go to the movies to watch the new horror movie that came out.

Phoenix was slipping into a pretty black dress, she looked absolutely beautiful.

I watched her as she smeared black eyeliner on her eyes, along with some blue-ish eyeshadow  and added some lip gloss.

That was my girl.

I changed into some ripped black and red skinny jeans, along with a random band shirt.

I put on some black eyeliner, and some red eyeshadow.

"You ready to leave baby?" I asked her.

"Yeah let's go, I'm super excited!" She exclaimed.

"Me too you know I love horror movies."

Neither of us could drive so we just got an Uber. My mom was working tonight so she couldn't drive us.

Me and Phoenix made our way downstairs and left the house. The Uber was outside waiting for us.

"After you." I said to Phoenix after opening the car door for her.

"Thank you handsome." She said getting in the car.

"Where are we headed?" The Uber driver asked.

"J&B Cinema." I said.

I placed my hand on Phoenix's thigh, admiring her beauty in the night lights as she looked out the window.

She then leaned over and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I love you." I said to her.

"I love you more." She said back.

"Don't start that, you know it's me." I Sau back smiling.

"Shut up it's me." She said back giggling.

We then arrived to the movie theater.

I opened the car door and got out, with Phoenix behind me.

Phoenix reached for my hand. She loved holding my hand everywhere. It made her feel more safe, and so she knows that I'm always right next to her.

We walked into the movie theater and walked up to the counter.

"Tickets for two." I said.

I paid for the tickets and we then walked up to the food counter to get some popcorn and drinks.

We both ordered one big cup of popcorn to share, and two sodas.

We made our way to the room where our movie was playing, and took a seat.

Couple hours later

"That movie was fucking sick!" I said.

"I know I loved it, and thank you for paying babe, but you need to let me sometimes!" She said nudging me.

"Nooo I always should pay for my girl." I said to her.

"Noo!" She said smiling.

We exited the movie theater and walked to the parking lot to wait for our Uber.

We had to walk through this random alley way to get to the parking places.

But it was quite unsettling and dark, it was about 11pm at night too. So this didn't seem the best choice.

Phoenix was squeezing my hand tightly as we walked through this long dark alleyway.

Until I felt my whole body jump back and heard a loud scream from Phoenix.

Phoenix was getting pulled back by this random guy, I absolutely freaked out and ran towards her.

"PHOENIX!!!" I screamed for her as I ran towards her as fast as I could.

The man continued to pull her by both of her hands.

"JOHNNIE HELP PLEASE!" She said as she started to cry.

I finally catch up to the man.

I grabbed Phoenix by her waist and kicked the guy away.

"Run Phoenix!!" I said to her.

The man tried to grab her, but she got away.

He then punched me in my face, causing me to groan and almost fall to the ground.

"Johnnie!!" Phoenix cried.

I pulled myself back up and punched him back, right in his nose.

He groaned and pain tilting his head back.

He tripped over a random trash can behind him falling on his back, causing him to groan in pain even more.

I leaned over on top of him.

Rage filled my whole body.

I started to punch him as hard as I could.

I punched him with everything in me.

Over and over again.

I kept punching him as the blood splattered from his face, onto my hands and all over my clothes and face.

I couldn't stop, I was so angry. This disgusting man tried to pull Phoenix away from me. Who knows what he was gonna to do her if he got away.

I didn't stop until my knuckles turned purple.

The man's face was covered in blood, his face was all messed up.

I don't think he was alive.

I heard footsteps running up behind me.

It was Phoenix.

"Oh my g-god... johnnie.." she said covering her mouth.

"Babe, please let's just... get out of .. here." She said in between her cries.

She took my hand.

We couldn't take the Uber. There was blood all over me. So we tried our best to find home because it wasn't super far.

"I'm sorry Phoenix." I said while we were running.

"It's okay, I'm just glad you're safe I was so scared!" She said wiping the tears off her face, while smearing blood all over her face from holding my hand.

"I love you, I couldn't let him hurt you I- I just-"

"I love you so much johnnie."

I started to cry as we ran in the darkness, trying to find home.

// I got this idea from the song "if I killed someone for you" by Alec Benjamin. I was listening to it and I made up this whole scenario and then wrote it out but I really love this! Hope you guys do too🖤 //