Chapter 9

Warning: this chapter contains self harm and strong language

Phoenix's pov:

I woke up to the sound of a door shutting. It was my parents arriving home, finally.

I ran downstairs to see them.

"Hey sweetie!" My mom said.

"Hi mom!" I said squeezing her tightly.

I walked up to my dad and gave him a hug as well.

"Why were you guys gone so long? I thought you were just gone for a short trip for work or something."

"Well we just got caught up in more things hun." My dad replied.

"You guys could have a least called or texted me, I mean jeez I thought you guys died or something."

"We were just very busy Phoenix. You don't need to get wrapped up in our business." My dad said.

"But it's been 2 months? And we never get to have a family time anymore because of your guys stupid work stuff!" I said getting frustrated.

"Don't talk to your dad like that!" My mom said yelling at me.

Every time they get back from home we always get into an argument about fucking something.

"It's just.. BULLSHIT!"

"Excuse me young lady?! We just got home and you're already going to be grounded!" My mom said yelling at me.

"Go up to your room and get out our faces!" My dad yelled at me.

"FINE!" I started starting to tear up.

I was so angry. How can they make up some bullshit excuse when they were gone for 2 whole fucking months!! It feels like I don't even have parents anymore!

I screamed into my pillow while crying in anger, and tugged at my hair roughly.

I kicked random stuff in my room because I was so angry!

But I stopped and stood still immediately when I realized. She said I was grounded, which means I couldn't see-

Johnnie.

I started crying even more, I didn't know what to do. I honestly just wanted them to leave again. They have only been home for 5 minutes and already ruined my day, but act like it's my fault  when they didn't  even text or call me for 2 whole fucking stupid months!!??

I dug my nails into my arm in extreme anger.

I grabbed my razor blade that was sitting on top of a high shelf and sat on the ground and locked my door.

I quickly dug the cold blade into my skin and sliced it across my skin.

And I did it again.

And again.

And one more time...

I quickly went into the bathroom and washed off the blood, and stuck bandaids on my fresh wounds.

I needed to see Johnnie. I was freaking out. But I'm fucking grounded becuase I said bullshit? Like what the fuck. This is so fucking stupid!