Chapter 7

Johnnie's pov:

It's been weeks now and me and Phoenix have been hanging out practically every day, and our friend ship has been getting so much closer.

We are like best friends now. We have a lot in common and I've been happier, and we've been working on ourselves together. But I've still been struggling. A lot honestly..

I was walking over to Phoenix's house because she wasn't answering her phone. I opened her door and went up the stairs to find her doing her makeup.

Phew. I was kind of worried.

"Oh hey Johnnie! You scared me."

"Why haven't you been answering your phoneeeee?"

"Well the music is loud in here and actually I was just getting ready to go to your house idiot."

"Mhmm shut up." I said plopping on her bed.

"Sooo watcha wanna do today?" Phoenix asked me.

"Hang out duh"

"Shut up Johnnie obviously that." She said rolling her eyes at me.

I snickered at her.

"I dunno we can just hang at my house or walk around, up to you phee."

"We can just hang at your house then, and dude I can't believe my parents STILL aren't home. It's so irritating and makes me feel like shit not having them around as much anymore." She said as she brushed red eyeshadow on her eyelids.

"I know Phoenix and I'm sorry. They will come back eventually but when they do you need to talk to them about this, it's important." I said looking at her through the mirror.

"I will I will." She said turning around towards me.

"Good."

"Alright let's go!" She said bouncing up from her chair.

We walked to my house and ran upstairs.

She plopped on my bed and watched me as I walked around the room.

"So have you been good lately john john?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah I've been.. alright I would say."

"You sure? I can tell when you're fibbing."

"Yeah phee, I'm fine." I said with a bit of frustration.

"I just hope so, I worry about you a lot you know I care about you."

"I said yeah phee."

I do this a lot. It's hard for me to talk about my feelings so I shut myself and everyone out and don't open up as much. There is so much I could spill out and say but I let it all build up inside of me. Fuck man what is wrong with me?

"Okay..."

I sat on the bed next to her. For some reason it was silent, for a while.

I felt her hand touch mine, and she held it tightly.

I squeezed her hand.

"I need to go to the bathroom." She said letting go of my hand.

Phoenix's pov:

I walked into the bathroom and locked the door. I felt annoying for some reason, like I annoyed Johnnie. Tears slowly started to form in my eyes as I knitted my eyebrows together.

I cried as quietly as I could. I felt like shit today and I just wanted to have a good time with Johnnie but I felt like I was irritating him, I just care about him a lot and I don't want him in a bad mindset all the time.

I was in the bathroom for longer than I thought.

*knock knock* "Phoenix you okay in there? Open the door please."

"I-I'm fine Johnnie...-" I said trying to cover up my sniffles.

"I'm sorry Phoenix I know I upset you, just open the door okay?"

I opened the door. My makeup was all messed up. Shit.

He opened the door and looked concerned.

Phoenix I'm sorry for being a dick, I just don't know how to express myself sometimes.

"I know Johnnie I'm sorry for irritating yo-"

"No Phoenix everything is fine, just come here."

He walked up to me and hugged me, looking down on me and gently wiped the tears off my face.

"Let's get out the bathroom silly."

He wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I care about you too, more than you think I do."

I turned the other way, facing towards him.

There was a lot of tension in the way we look at each other, it sounds crazy but it's... true.

I saw him glance at my lips and look back up into my eyes.

I kind of panicked so I said something. "How bout we go get some food?"

"Yeah that sounds great actually."

I cleaned up my face to leave. We walked out the door and started walking down the lit up streets.

We saw a McDonald's in the distance so we stopped inside there. Johnnie ordered a chicken nuggets and fries, I ordered a chicken sandwich and fries.

"I don't even like McDonalds chicken nuggets that much-"

"Well deal with it! I love McDonald's."

He smiled.

We got our food and walked outside, and sat on the curb. We ate our food watching the night sky.

"Wanna watch a movie when we get home?" I asked him while stuffing fries in my face.

"Of course, but what movie are we talking."

"A horror one?" I said smiling knowing he adores horror movies.

"That's what's up." He said with a warm smile looking at me.

We finished our food and started to walk home. We got home and found a horror movie to watch.

Me and Johnnie were lying on the bed, and I started to play with his hair, and we somehow started to cuddle. The rhythms of his breathing made me feel safe. Johnnie made me feel safe, l was happy to be in his arms.

This is what I needed. Somebody to hold me. I've felt so alone and broken for a long time but now I feel finally somewhat complete.

Johnnie started to doze off, and I admired his face.

Thank god I sent that text to him in the
beginning or we probably would have never became friends.

/////////Heres a little short chapter today, I didn't really know what to write lol thx for reading/////////