Chapter 6

Warning: some strong language

Phoenix's pov:

Me and Johnnie just got out of school and we were walking back home,  holding hands swinging them around, talking about stuff.

"Ahhh fuck!" Johnnie yelled as he tripped over a rock.

"Johnnie!" I said laughing at him.

"Shut up and help me up!!" He said rolling his eyes.

I helped him up while laughing at him.

"Pshhhtt" Johnnie scoffed and rolled his eyes once again.

"Why the attitude?" I said teasing.

He smiled looking at me, and stuck his tongue out jokingly.

I did it back of course.

"Hey phoenix?"

"Yeah Joe?"

"I'm gonna stop by my house for a bit but if you want we could hang out later, yeah?"

"Alright, sounds good just text me okay?"

"Okay!"

We hugged each other bye and Johnnie walked into his house.

I saw him wave through the window and I proceeded to wave back.

Time to be bored again. Great.

I began walking home, reading stuff on my phone. When I got home I took off my shoes and grabbed a snack, and sat on the coach.

My parents still weren't home from their "work trip" which was nothing new, so I didn't have any company except Johnnie. But it's nice to have some alone time but not to the point where your parents aren't ever around.

I ate my snack and watched some YouTube. I was so bored.

An hour passed.

Which turned into 2 hours.

3 hours.

4 hours.

Nothing from Johnnie? That's weird. He usually doesn't ever not text me if I tell him to or something, and he always texts back... weird.

It was now 7:08pm and I was kind of disappointed. But I started to think about the other side of it. Maybe I should be worried? I don't think Johnnie would ever ditch me.. or maybe something came up that he had to do with his mom- or something... I don't know.

I decided to text him, which I should have done way earlier.

Phoenix: hey Johnnie are we still hanging tonight or..?

5 minutes passed.

no reply.

15 minutes.

20 minutes.

30 minutes.

And still, no fucking reply. I think I was starting to get more worried than disappointed.

Fuck it I'm just gonna walk to his house. He's about only about 2 blocks down from me anyways.

I immediately left and began walking in the middle of the night to Johnnie's house. My mind starting racing. I began to become more worried.

I checked my phone once again, no reply.

I called him, again, and again, and again, almost like 8 times and still no answer?? Okay this is starting to freak me out.

I got to his house, his mom wasn't even home. What if he Isn't home?? Oh no maybe I'm just being an idiot.

I knocked on the door. "Johnnie? Are you home?"