1 - 10

Chapter 1 Memorial

This was the second time Tang Jingyun knelt in front of the tombstone. She felt a little funny, as if the sky had played a big joke on her. She barely touched the corners of her mouth, only to find that she couldn't laugh at all.

Rubbing the corners of her stiff mouth, she almost forgot how to smile under the influence of more than ten years of time.

When she was young, although her living environment was not very good and her temperament was calmer than that of ordinary children, she still had a youthful nature and a smile often appeared in the corners of her eyes and eyebrows, just like those carefree children.

It was only later that she learned about those grievances and inexplicable changes from a child with an unknown father to an illegitimate daughter of a wealthy family. Her life seemed to be turned upside down overnight, and those ordinary lives were finally separated from her life. .

It is conceivable that for a naive child living among a group of hungry wolves, how difficult her life must be. It is not an exaggeration to say that she is struggling.

Later, she gradually learned all kinds of smiles, flattering, flattering, humble, vicious, indifferent, elegant... all kinds of smiles came and went in her life, and went again. Come. The exquisite masks play various roles in her life, allowing her to achieve various goals by any means necessary.

When did you stop laughing?

It probably started when she started to enter the palace and take charge of the Tang family, a prominent family.

Maybe she laughed too much before, which made her feel bored. At her height, she no longer needed to smile at others for some purpose, so she stopped laughing.

She kept a straight face all day long and was buried in company documents. Later, as the habit became natural, she stopped smiling even more.

She remembered that at that time, she was in her early thirties, but she already had deep nasolabial wrinkles between her eyebrows, which were caused by her frowning all year round. Everyone in the company, including people in the family, shunned her like a snake or a scorpion when they saw her.

She rubbed the corners of her mouth vigorously again, trying her best to smile, but in the end she just slumped. Although some things may change as time goes by, some things leave too strong a mark, such as the look on her face, which cannot be erased by wiping it off.

"hehe......"

The cold laughter seemed a bit strange in this empty cemetery. The sun had gradually set, leaving a dim light in the world.

Tang Jingyun looked at the cemetery in front of her. Three tombstones were buried side by side. It looked really nice from a distance, like a family. Of course, a family was indeed buried here.

From left to right, they are her mother, grandfather, and grandma. The three closest relatives in her life have all fallen asleep underground, leaving her alone to face the sharp and cruel reality in silence.

Her mother, Liu Ling, was the only daughter of her grandmother and grandfather. She was raised very innocently since she was a child. She only had a good-looking face, but no brain to match it. After I entered college, I was deceived by a scumbag. Not only was I unable to continue in college, I dragged my suitcase back home with a child whose father was unknown.

The angry grandfather got sick on the spot and forced her to beat the child, but she refused. Later, she died during childbirth, and the name Tang Jingyun was left to her.

She had always felt that her mother was a stupid woman, very stupid. How could she easily believe a man's sweet words? Not only did it cost her own life, but it also caused the children she gave birth to be burdened with too many things from an early age.