161 - 170

Chapter 161: Tenderness and Carelessness

84_84815 With a faint smile on her lips, Tang Jingyun looked at Duan Ruijie not far away, who was holding a wine glass in high spirits. She couldn't help but lower her eyes, making it impossible to see the change in her expression.

Father Duan's speech soon ended, followed by birthday wishes for today's old birthday star. The scene was naturally very lively.

However, Tang Jingyun also saw a man in his twenties walking up to Duan Ruijie and saying something, which seemed to make Duan Ruijie look ugly.

"That is probably Duan Ruijie's second uncle's son, right? He's a few years older than Duan Ruijie, but looking at his demeanor, not to mention Duan Ruijie's brother, even Duan Ruijie can't compare."

Yu Juncai on the side commented.

"I heard that he has been fooling around in the Duan family for the past two years and wanted to inherit the Duan family, which caused a lot of jokes. The people in Kyoto didn't let him lose face because of the Duan family's face."

Tang Jingyun raised her eyebrows. Every family has its own scriptures that are difficult to recite. The Duan family is so big and has no shortage of power, fame, and wealth. There will always be some problems. It's just that people with good foundation rarely bring such things to light.

Tang Jingyun didn't want to get involved in the Duan family's affairs. If the matter was really settled, she would have enough troubles between herself and the Tang family.

There are already many people present, and Yu Juncai and Wen Liming can't sit still. After all, Yu Juncai has just returned to Beijing not long ago, and some estranged relationships need to be reactivated. This is why he has frequently appeared at various banquets recently. . Banquets are one of the best places to communicate feelings.

So after many heavyweights appeared on the stage, Yu Juncai nodded to Tang Jingyun and left. Rong Jiao and Tang Jingyun were left to continue sitting.

A huge and gorgeous crystal lamp hung in the hall, illuminating the entire banquet hall like daylight. There was an incomprehensible look in Tang Jingyun's lowered eyes.

Rong Jiao didn't know why her best friend suddenly became depressed. It seemed that she would be like this from time to time after the beginning of this semester.

It was a feeling of being out of place. Sometimes others were chatting passionately, but Tang Jingyun just looked at them indifferently, as if she was a world away from them. Just like now, there is obviously a lively scene not far away, but she is sitting like this, but she has an air of alienation and indifference, and no one can enter her world at this time.

She always felt that something big had changed in Tang Jingyun, but out of respect, she never asked.

Tang Jingyun put down the wine glass in her hand, stood up and smiled at Rong Jiao, who flashed worry at the side, "I'm going outside to smoke a cigarette, don't worry, I'll be back in a while."

Tang Jingyun walked out slowly. Rong Jiao watched the thin and upright figure disappear from the door, and then sighed softly. Who is not worried?

This is a huge manor, close to the outskirts of the city. In Kyoto, where land is at a premium, it is absolutely sky-high. It can only be owned by wealthy families who have passed down the inheritance for several generations.

Walking out of the lobby, Tang Jingyun asked a waiter, then turned a corner and walked to the smoking area.

The temperature in the smoking area was also kept high, but Tang Jingyun frowned and opened a small window. The cold wind blew in, which made her mind clear for a while.