Chapter 18

"why isn't she waking up?" I heard a familiar voice. My body is too weak, it feels like I've been asleep for a long time.

"She's already fine, the poison has been remove from her body, her body just need a rest." I tried to open my eyes just to be blinded by the sunlight.

I get up the bed as I look around, whose room is this? This is not my room? I thought I heard someone talking before I tried to open my eyes but no one is here. Everything is also so dusty in here,

When I try to stand up my leg muscle started to weakened that's why I used all of my strenght to go out of the room.

"hello? Anyone here?" I keep saying as I walk everything is so quiet and this palace is so dark like no one is here.

Where is everyone? Why am I in an old palace, this place looks like it's been abandoned for a lot of years already.. How did I get here?

As I wandered through the dimly lit corridors, dust motes danced in the sunlight that filtered through cracked windows. Cobwebs adorned the corners, and the air carried a musty scent of neglect.

"Is anyone here?" I  called out again, my voice echoing faintly through the empty halls. No response came, adding to the surreal sense of isolation that enveloped her.

I stumbled upon a grand hall. I know Thiz room, was once magnificent and grand, now lay in disarray. Tattered tapestries hung from the walls, and the once-polished marble floors were dulled with age.

In the center of the hall stood a grand portrait, its canvas weathered but the figures within still recognizable. It was a portrait of the crown prince Nishimura Ni-ki wearing the crown of the King.

"what happened here?" my voice tremble  as this palace become familiar to me this is the palace of the King.. Where are they? Where is Ni-ki?

Memories flooded my mind, memories of a time when this palace thrived with life and purpose.

As I stood before the portrait of Crown Prince Nishimura Ni-ki, wearing the crown of the king, My heart raced with a mix of confusion and apprehension.

I can't understand, what is going on why am I here, did I teleport to the future of the novel? As far as I know the ending that I was supposed to made was a happily ever after of the main lead.

" You're here." I heard a voice behind me.

When I look back I saw a girl who look exactly like me.

"Why am I here? Who are you?" I said before I step back from her.

"Don't be scared, you and I are just one." she said before she took a step closer to me.

"Don't come closer."

"Hera, I am you, you are me, don't be scared this is just your dream." I stop when I heard what she said.

"what do you mean?"

"Your body is still recovering from the poison that's why I visited you on your dream." I don't know I just suddenly nod at what she said.

"Be by Ni-ki's side, Protect him, Don't let people remember him as a bloody King who kill people. Cause this is what will happen if anger consume him." I saw tears fall out of her eyes.

"follow your heart, I know this isn't what you want to happen, he was the original main lead but got replace now it's the right time to correct it Hera." She said before a light suddenly show up infront of me.

"I don't understand how did you kn-." I didn't manage to finish what I'm saying when I heard her say something again.

"Take care of my real love for me, for you are the light he need in his darkness." that's the last word I heard before I felt my eyes closing.

As my eyes closed, I felt a sense of weightlessness wash over me, as if I were being carried away on a current of dreams. The voice of my other  self echoed  in my mind, filling me with a strange mix of determination and confusion.

When I opened her eyes again, I found myself back in the familiar surroundings of the room I had awakened in earlier.

The sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the space. I tried to recall the details of my encounter with her other self, but the memories felt hazy and distant, like fragments of a fading dream.

"Hera?" I heard a familiar voice said as I heard him enter the room.

"Your majesty." I smile weakly at him.. He look at me like he can't believe on what he saw.

"you are finally awake, I'm glad you are hera." My heart suddenly beat so fast when He suddenly hug me.

" Did I sleep for a long time?" i tried to ask he just nodded at me.

"you are asleep for 2 months." how did that happen?

"I'm sorry you suffer from a poison because of me." he said before held my chin so I can look at his face.

"It's nothing, I'm just doing everything i can to keep you safe Ni-ki." a smile can be seen on his face when he heard what i said.

"hearing you say my name, calms me a lot." he pause a little.." You've risked so much for me," he murmured, his voice tinged with emotion. "I can't thank you enough for always being by my side."

I smile widened slightly, touched by the sincerity in Ni-ki's words. "It's what I do," I replied softly. "I'll always be by your side, no matter what, even if everyone leaves your side I will be just here standing beside you." I felt like he didn't expect what I said to him  his expression says it all.

The room fell into a comfortable silence, the weight of unspoken feelings hanging in the air.

Their moment was interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching the room. The door swung open, revealing Irene, with a tray of food in hand.

"Lady Hera, you're awake!" Irene exclaimed, relief evident in her voice as she rushed forward.

Irene placed the tray of food on the bedside table and turned to Prince Ni-ki with a respectful bow. "Your Majesty, I'm glad to see Lady Hera awake."

Ni-ki just nodded, his attention shifting back to me. "Rest for now, Hera. We'll talk more later," he said gently before giving her hand a reassuring squeeze before leaving the room.