Chapter 21

"Greetings Your Majesty." I said before I put the tea on the his table.

"How was the palace today?" He ask before he took a sip of the tea that I make.

"It's still the same since you collapsed your majesty."

He just took a deep breath, his face and reaction are showing a sign of not feeling well. Based from his look he was feeling some pain from his body.

"Should I call a doctor? A mage? I know you are feeling some pain ypur majesty." I said while panic was visible on my voice.

"We shouldn't let anyone knows my condition only you can enter my room." He said before he cough.

"But how can I cure you? I don't know if what is your sickness?" I said in a low voice since I'm really clueless on what should I do.

"I can still get well, I just need a proper rest.Don't panic , I will get better." I know he was just trying to lighten up my mood. I felt something that somehow warm my heart.

Hours had passed and the King was already asleep that's why I decided to go out of his room , maybe I should just walk toward the palace garden , It's been long since I tried relaxing just a little bit.

A smile authomatically came out of my lips when I saw all the beautiful flower that can only be seen in this place.

"Some of you are dry because of the heat of the sun, I should water you a little." I said while looking at the flowers.

As I delicately watered the wilting flowers, a soft breeze whispered through the garden, carrying the scent of blossoms. The tranquility of the moment allowed my thoughts to wander back to the King's condition. I couldn't shake off the worry gnawing at me.

Suddenly, footsteps interrupted my reverie. It was Lusi with Ni-ki .

"Greetings Your Highness, and Lady Lusi" they just both nod at me, lusi then gave me a meaningful smirk before she speak "I heard about the King's illness. How is he ?" I don't know how I can andwer them I made sure they can't know the Kings condition.

"Your majesty is now doing fine and feeling alright thank you for your concern my lady." I said before I bow.

I look at them both puzzled , Why do they look so close right now? It somehow makes me feel weird.....it angers me a little.

Lusi's smirk and Ni-ki's presence together stirred up a storm of suspicion and concern in my mind. Could she and jake be plotting something behind closed doors? And why was Ni-ki, who knew Lusi's true nature, seemingly aligned with her?

The uneasy feeling in my gut only intensified as I watched Lusi and Ni-ki exchange glances, their camaraderie raising more questions than answers. Despite my best efforts to maintain composure, the anger simmered beneath the surface, fueled by the realization that something was amiss in the palace.

"I'll get going now, I forgot I needed to do something." I said coldly before I left them both on the garden.

While walking away I felt some dark shadow that was lingering around the palace, is it a black magic? Does someone used a dark magic? I know I'm not from this place but I can say someone use some black magic because suddenly everything feels so off and heavy on this palace .

With a heavy heart, I returned to the King's chambers, everything makes no sense. Even the way that Ni-ki was with that girl.

I didn't realized I fell asleep while thinking about what can happen.

"Oh,You are already awake." I heard the King's voice that's why I fix myself immediately.

"Sorry, I fell asleep your majesty." I said before i look at him. He looks a little better now unlike before he fell asleep.

"It's quite alright, my dear. You must have been exhausted. I appreciate all that you do for me," the King replied with a gentle smile, though I could still detect a hint of weariness in his eyes.

"I'm just glad to see you looking better, Your Majesty," I said, relief flooding through me at the sight of his improved condition. If he get a lot of proper rest maybe he will be fine in no time.

As I helped him sit up, I couldn't shake off the lingering unease from earlier. The strange encounter with Lusi and Ni-ki weighed heavily on my mind, but I knew I couldn't let my suspicions distract me from serving the King.

"You should take a rest now, it's already night. See you again tomorrow." He said before he pointed at the window.

He's right it was already night since it's dark outside.

"Well then, I'll get going now your majesty." I said before I goes out of his room.

With a heavy step i made my way toward my room wherein I saw a familiar figure standing outside of the door.

"It takes you so long to go to your room."  That familiar deep voice, ofcourse it's no other than Ni-ki.

"Why are you here outside of my room your majesty?" I made sure my voice doesn't had any emotion just a pure coldness.

"I needed to talk to you,are you mad at me?" He said in a calm voice.

"Why would I be mad at you ?"

"Because I was with Lusi at the Garden." I can't help but roll my eyes at him, I shouldn't let him speak and just go to my room.

"Why would I be mad because of that? Go back to your room, I'm already sleepy." I said before I open the door of my room when he suddenly hold my wrist and pull me closer to him. He was hugging me from behind.

"Don't be mad,it's just a misunderstanding , I was with her because I can sense a black magic around the palace and it started when she goes this morning." He said making me felt shiver because I can feel his hot breath on my neck.

"I-I should go to my room now g-good night." I said before I run toward my room.

"Goodnight Hera." that's the last thing he said before I heard him walking away from my door.

"Damn you nishimura, how can you make my heart beat this fast with that simple gesture." I said before I lay on my bed.