Chapter 33

Chiang Mai

Siya's POV

We now arrived to 'Chiang Mai' where the lantern festival takes place and I m so excited. There are other places too wherein the lanterns are lightened up but this place is the famous and the main one. 

The reflection of the lanterns in the lake makes it even more beautiful. I looked at Taehyung who was talking to someone on a call. My heart felt happy realizing that I m going to witness this beautiful thing with him. It was already evening, it was almost getting dark. Everyone was preparing their lanterns, decorating it with paints, beads and all those things. 

"You know, if you write your wishes on the lantern, they will come true." I heard someone say in the crowd. I saw our boys coming with lanterns. "Wow..they are so huge." Nayan said taking a look at them. I nodded. "Come on. Let's decorate them." I heard Jungkook say and then everyone sat on the ground to begin the decoration.

I saw Taehyung still being on call. So I decided to go to him. "Taehyung." I called him lightly making sure not to disturb him. He looked at me and nodded indicating that he was almost over. He then ended the call after few seconds. "Come. Let's decorate our lantern." I said pulling him along with me by his arm. 

"Taehyung here, write down your wishes on this. I heard that they come true." I said handing him a pen. He smiled at me and wrote something. He handed me the pen back to write mine and I did. "What did you write?" he asked me seeing me smiling at my words. He couldn't see my writings as he was sitting opposite to me. 

"We shouldn't reveal our wishes else they won't come true." He laughed at my words. "Ohh really then I will make sure to keep mine as a secret forever." I laughed at him this time. Everyone was done with their decorations and had started letting their lanterns fly in the sky freely. I saw how beautiful they were looking.

All of them of different sizes, different shades of yellow, glowing with different intensity, the sight was mesmerizing and really beautiful. I looked at some people who were taking the boats and I smiled as a thought hit my mind. 

"Taehyung! Shall we go by boat?" I asked him to which he held my hand leading me towards the boat while his other hand carried the lantern. "There's no need to ask for that. You just have to order me, my Queen." I smiled and I knew I was blushing.

In the Lake

They both reached the middle of the lake in a boat. Siya was amazed and shocked when she found out that Taehyung knew sailing. He himself brought both of them till the middle of the lake. He stopped exactly at the place where the view would seem the best. She smiled looking at the few lanterns which were floating in the sky. By now they had reached to some height.