18.

GEORGE'S POV:

I was helpless, confused.

"You asked her to marry you without a ring", Chuks added before laughing out so loud.

"What was I supposed to do, she was getting dressed and I know well she was going to get them pills in the morning", I added still confused about the whole thing.

"You know this is total commitment George", Seun added and he sounded almost sensible before he went ahead to say: "I still don't trust you with this Girl bro".

I tried to calm my nerves a bit, "You know you're mad Seun. How the fuck you don't trust me with her? Have I ever hurt her or cheated on her before? What the fuck is wrong with you, keep your fucking mouth out of my business". I stood up to leave. "No Dey spoil matter guy, Abeg".

"All I am saying is marriage is a bigger picture", Seun added again.

Myself and Seun finally got into an heated argument for almost an hour. He was trying to lecture me and he was in no position to be telling me such rubbish, Seun of all people.

"Guys calm now, we can't be doing this over a lady nah". Chuks said and turned towards me, "Have you heard from her yet? ".

All I could do was nod.

Chuks and Seun both got into an heated and foolish argument later while I quietly walked out on them.

I got to the side of my car and just stood for a long time. Months with Tracy had been beautiful, she was everything I had always dreamt of and here I was trying so hard to keep this. Been three days now and she had refused to talk to me after that night, going a day without her was torture. Her silence was driving me crazy, she hadn't responded to my proposal that night and had slept in a different room and had left my house very early in the morning before I woke up.

God.

My phone was full with series of text messages I had sent to her but no response to any of them. I told Nana and Nana also had told me to wait. Waiting was unbearable, I was beginning to taste that fear I had been dreading all this time. Fear of loosing someone so dear to my heart, fear of not being wanted anymore. So this was what heartbreak would feel like or worst than this.

All my life I had met different women all over the places, the real ones and the ones who wanted to be there for a while and I had always left old ones for new ones and the circles went on and on like that. I began seeing what these ladies had felt after being jilted by me, there were those who truly loved me and I felt how bitter they would have felt after rejections.

God please do not punish me now, I beg you. I am a changed man and you know it man.

I got into the car but couldn't start it. What if I never see her again? What if she doesn't want me anymore? What if-

God please I want Tracy back.

I have never been this shaken before, I was not ready to loose Tracy at all, not yet and not ever. How the hell was she hiding? I had been to her house but she wasn't there, had been to her workplace but I was told she would be working remotely. How? I rested on the steering, I felt dizzy and just closed my eyes.

God please, have never served you right but please help me. Don't punish me like this.

I picked up my phone and dialed Tracy's number, for the trillionth time she wasn't answering her calls. I sent another text and waited, yet nothing. Was asking her to marry me a whole bad idea? Even I was surprised at my own actions too but not loosing Tracy like this, she could have just said something. How the hell she left me without missing me? Who leaves their lover in the dark? I was left in a state of uncertainty, I didn't even know if it was over between us or she wanted a break or something, her silence was confusing the hell out of me.

Asking her to marry me wasn't bad idea. We've been in love with each other for months now, it' almost seem right to have her all to myself hence the proposal. I drove out of the bar, I had no destinations. Now that I found someone I want to spend the rest of my life with, this is all what I get. I mean she should say something, being in the dark was unbearable.

How the hell she do that to me?