Chapter 8

The sand cooled down my feet, through my toes, and the sound of the waves relaxed me, I was lying there, looking up at the sky, how it was lightning up by the upcoming sun, the chilly breeze drying my hair, as I was in my happiest moment.

Out of nowhere, I smelled mint, as the breeze swarmed around me, butterflies filling my stomach. My fingers intertwined with someone else's, ice cold but soothing, as I turn around, the only thing I see is blue cold eyes, nothing else, my heart beating faster as I look up to the sky again, it can't be, can it?

I woke up, it was early, and Pansy was still asleep. My heart was racing, and my pyjamas were soaked in sweat. I went to take a shower, wash off my sweat, and freshen up.

As I finished, I put on some cherry chapstick, my eyes were severely dry, made sense since I woke up soaked.

It was 6 am, I sneaked out, trying not to wake Pansy up. As I had successfully left the dorm without making a sound, I felt a need for fresh air. The last time I walked through the school this empty, it was Yule and it was just me Harry and Ron, it felt depressing. As I went outside, I stumbled upon a girl sitting and reading. I hated conversations in the morning, actually, I hated everything within the first hour of my awakening.

But this morning was different, I felt calm and happy, I must have gone mad. I walked towards the girl, and as I got closer, I recognised the bushy hair "Hermioneeee GOOD MORNINGGG" I yelled as loud as I could. I giggled as she jumped, scared shitless "Oh Y/n, it's just you, thank Merlin" She sighed in relief "Wait, why on earth are you already up, it's like 6 in the morning" She asked, clearly finding it amusing as I hated mornings "I actually don't know, I woke up and took a shower" I said, she laughed.

We sat talking for a while, just enjoying the peace and quiet, catching up on each other.
"Wait, why are you up so early yourself?" I asked her confused "Well, I actually wake up this early every day and go out to get some fresh air before everyone else, including you, wakes up" she said, as she teased me.

We started walking back inside, she was about to go to the Gryffindor common room "Come with me? we can eat breakfast together?" I asked her, I really liked Hermione, and I didn't see her much anymore "Sure" she answered, as we walked down to the dungeons, towards the Slytherin common room, she stopped "I'll just wait here" she scoffed "Nonsense, you are coming with me, I don't care what anyone says," I said, and she sighed and went along.

"Pureblood" I whispered as the door opened, hoping she didn't hear it, since she is a muggle-born "Really, purebloods?" she scoffed just like Sophia "I didn't choose it, I hate it too" I sighed as we walked in. Malfoy, Theo and Blaise were walking out of their dorm, as Hermione mumbled something under her breath, I just pulled her with me "Oh, what is a filt-" Blaise elbowed him in the stomach "Sorry about him Hermione" he said, with a soft smile "No worries, cockroaches don't harm me" she answered as she glared at Malfoy "Not another word out of that filthy mouth" Blaise spat as Malfoy was about to say something, I glared at him, smirking "Princesses really do have manners, sometimes" I said loud enough for them all to hear, as I smirked staring at Malfoy "And nightmares like you reminds me to be grateful not be you" he hissed, as I turned around and grabbed him, leaning in and whispering "Shut up before I actually become you fucking nightmare" pushing him into the wall, grabbing Hermione and slamming the door behind me.

"He is so fucking annoying, I should've hexed his arse right there" I spat, as Pansy came out of the bathroom "Who pissed in your cereal" she laughed "It's my fault" Hermione said shyly "How is it your fault that Malfoy is a fucking git?" I asked as I smiled. "Malfoy pisses in everyone's cereal" Pansy said, looking with comforting eyes at Hermione.