◅▻CHAPTER 8 | LUTES RETURN◅▻

4 weeks later
Lute layed awake in a hospital bed, when she sat up she called for anyone around.

Adam sees this but doesn't go into the room, instead he grabs Sera. He returned to the hospital to check on his broken arm, which he still couldn't look at Lute for doing.

He finds you, and enters his own room for xrays and scans.

" Everything seems to be pretty good Adam, your bone has almost completely fixed itself. You may have one or two weeks left before your cast can finally come off. " The doctor had told him.

" Yay! Soon you can spoon me with both your arms again! " you said hugging him. He chucked a bit.

Once he was done in his room, you were walking out with Adam, but something made you both stop for a moment.

Lute sits there, she's bandaged everywhere including where you attacked. She apparently fell into a coma before she hit near death after you threw your spear into her chest.

" Adam, are you okay? " you ask him seriously.

His eyes looked enraged, as if he wanted her dead and gone. You've seen this with his mask on before, but not without. So chills had shot down your spine.

" Adam, do you want to just go home? " you place your hand in his and held it. He still looked frustrated but nodded, and you both leave.

Lute seemed to notice Adams frustration, and couldn't help but look down.

" so I broke his arm? " she asks Sera.

Sera wasn't talking much, but she nodded back to Lute, and gave a signal that she needed to go.

After a few hours from returning from the hospital You see Adams phone ping, and it's a message from Lute. You swipe the notification away so Adam didn't get hot headed again. You wanted this time with just him. Not caring in the world who came interrupting other then Lute.

Adam walks in.
" I heard my phone ping, what was it? " he asks

" nothing important " you responded.
While Adam was grabbing a few more things you decide to put both your phones on mute and DND.

He finally sits on the couch and you rest your head in his chest.

" I'm glad I found you, babe. " Adam uplaces his non broken hand on your head, and ruffles your hair a bit. You both nap on the couch for a few hours.

When you both awoke, it was by Charlie, who was waking you cause someone was at the door, and they wanted Adam.

Adam could tell something was off. He made sure you came with him in case something causes him to get angry.

Upon opening the door revealed Lute. With a contract in her hand.

" Sera won't cancel the extermination just because of your angelic partner. Take this contract because she wants you to have it as a reminder that your still following her rules. "

Adams face is noticeably red.

" Lute... " you say quietly.

" if she wants me to have it, fine, I don't fuckin care. But if she wants me to have it as a soul reminder that she isn't canceling a one year at a time event only event just because of my partner, who isn't even a sinner? There are so many damn reasons why I'd cancel this event. In which you arent saying shit for. " he slams the door in Lutes face. In which he hears.

" Don't forget she'll own your soul. Adam. " and footsteps can be head walking away.

" that bitch. " he takes an angelic gun from a downstairs closet that you didn't know who had.

" Adam wait, lets not kill her yet. What if Sera was listening? " you say stopping his tracks.

" fine, but we're handling that shit tomorrow. That stupid seraph is going to remember that not even father knew about the act. And that I will tell him myself. "

A/N THIS CHAPTER IS SHITTY I'M NGL, HOWEVER IT'S PART OF THE SET I'M PREPARED FOR