◅▻CHAPTER 10 | CONSTANT FIGHTS◅▻

After Adams nap, he ate some food and showered. You ate with him and when he got into the shower you read a book.

You both had no idea how long the high commission had been sending him messages, but when he opened the group chat there were over 99+ messages after he sent the video of his and Seras argument.

" well, they know about the extermination now. " you turn your head to Adam.

" what? "
You see a message.

" Dude why the fuck won't she cancel this shit? "

You see another one.

" Why was this an idea? "

Then another.

" how long has this been going on? "

Another.

" how come she didn't tell anyone? "

Another.

" does father even know about this? "

" why did the idea even pass? "

" isn't she not allowed to make a decision like that? "

You and Adam read through every question and comment over the whole thing. At first, from when the video was sent, people were mad at Adam for coming up with the idea. But as the conversation progressed, Adam was no longer the issue the deeper the chat went. It was Sera.

" we need to vote her off. "

" has anyone heard from father yet? "

" just wait until Emily finds out dude. "

" Sera needs OUT. "

" Adam isn't wrong though, she overreacted. "

Adam finally said something, saying that that should tell all the angels and get fathers attention. And that they need enough faces and unhappy angels to get Sera off the high commission.

" I'll let father know, he regularly leaves his phone off. "

" I'm on making flyers to post around heaven. "

" I'll start making a broadcasting news about this. "

" I'm sending a automated email. "

" I'm on advertisements. "

Adam was happy Sera could finally go off the role. She clearly abuses her power, judging by her angry argument during the meeting.

Lucifer calls you.

" uh, hi dad? "

" Y/N Did you happen to have a meeting with Sera? "

" I went with Adam cause it was his meeting but... yea? Why? "

" Sera just called. She's uh, under the wrong umbrella currently... "

" she called you pissed off huh? "

" yeaaaaa... Uh did you happen to have told everyone in the heaven high commission about the extermination? "

" well.. I didn't. But yeah. "

" yea, that's why she's pissed. "

You And Adam look at each other.

" Looks like we got a lot to handle babe. Since she HAD to tell your dad. " Adam says.

" yea... Oh, Sera is calling you.. "

He looks at his phone.

" Shit. "

" I gotta go dad. "
You hang up the phone as Adam answers.

" WHAT ON YOUR SICK TWISTED MIND MADE YOU THINK YOU CAN GO OFF TELLING EVERYONE ABOUT YOUR STUPID IDEA? " she shouts though the phone, hurting Adams ear, so he puts it on speaker and lowers the volume.

" I did what I had to do. If you won't cancel it they will. "

" ADAM DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR PUTTING BOTH OF US AT RISK TO END UP LIKE LUCIFER? "

" US? you mean YOU right? YOU CAUSED THIS by not cancelling it. YOU CAUSED IT, by not asking for permission to start the idea. I only came up with the idea. YOU allowed it. "

" Adam DON'T YOU DARE-" he hangs up, he clearly doesn't want to hear her voice anymore. Since all she keeps do8ng is yelling. He gets a text from Emily.

" Adam, please tell me Sera didn't allow that.. "

" I'm sorry Emily, but she did. "
He texts her back, feeling guilty. You rest your head on his shoulder.

Father calls him.

" Adam, did you come up with that idea? Or did someone else do it. "

" I did sir I'm sorry. "

" don't apologize. You didn't allow it to actually start unlike Sera. Please make note that there will probably be some backlash to you. But you have a meeting tomorrow. " he hangs up, he visibility sweats.

" oh god. " you hug Adams arm.

Sera calls again. This time Adam DOESN'T answer. But she continues to call every time he declines. Finally by the fifth call he answers.

" YOU TOLD FATHER ABOUT THIS TOO? WHY ARE THERE FLYERS AND BROADCASTS AND EMAILS FLOODING HEAVEN? IS THIS SOME SORT OF ADVERTISING SHOW TO YOU? "

Adam doesn't answer. you record the call.

" LISTEN HERE, YOU BETTER COME TO THIS MEETING TOMORROW AND MAKE YOU MORE IF THE BAD GUY THEN ME. THIS WAS YOUR IDEA, NOT MINE AND YOU'RE TAKING MORE BLAME TO THIS THEN ME. "

Adams eyes widen.

" but Sera i-" she cuts him off.

" I DON'T WANT TO HERE IT YOU-" he hangs up. You stop recording.

" I-" you hear a breaking in his voice. You grab his face with your hands and rest his head on yours.

" I'm so sorry Adam... " you try and comfort him.

After hours and hours of Sera and other people texting and calling him, he shuts his phone off and rests his head into you.

" can we just... Not wake up tomorrow? " he asks.

" I'm sorry Adam, but we can't do that.. " you brush your fingers in his hair as he falls asleep on you.