ʰᵃᵗᵉʳ✰𝟎𝟒

LANAE BLACK"damn nigga"

LANAE BLACK
"damn nigga"

HARLEM NEW YORK
BLACK RESIDENCE
4:50PM

YANNA and lanae were currently hanging out at her house, and they had been since around 1pm earlier today.

"lanae you tryna go to the deli? im hungry." yanna said dramatically while rubbing her stomach as lanae laughed at her bestfriend

"yeah cmon." lanae said as her and yanna hopped off the bed. they quickly got ready before leaving the house.

soon as lanae and yanna left the house, they felt the beaming rays from the sun. they were currently in the middle of summer, but unfortunately they would be starting school in around a month.

"it's so hot, i think im melting." lanae said dramatically as yanna laughed. "thankfully you live close to the deli, i see it right there in the distance." yanna said shrugging as lanae jodded.

the two eventually made it to the deli quickly going separate ways. "yanna i think we should watch descendants when we get back home." lanae said picking out some chips as yanna nodded quickly.

yanna was about to speak, before she bumped into somebody causing her to look at them. and they caught her just in time.

yanna saw the one and only jay. and he was smirking at her already. "y-you're-." yanna said stuttering as jay slowly removed his hand from around her waist.

"go slowly." jay said in a soft tone as yanna's knees almost immediately went weak. "oh my gosh i'm dreaming.." yanna whispered as jay let out a small laugh.

he then helped her get back on her feet before she stood up straight. "i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to bump into you." yanna said examining jay up and down as he threw his hands up.

"you fine ma, i bumped into you." jay said in a reassuring tone as yanna just looked at him with heart eyes.

"i'm dreaming right now." yanna said as jay laughed. "you that girl from the show right? i was watching you in the crowd." jay said with a smirk as yanna's mouth parted. she didn't know what to say.

and she was especially surprised because he remembered her.

but elsewhere, there was a different scenario

lanae looked at notti who was currently staring at her awkwardly. they had been looking at eachother for 5 minutes straight while yanna talked with jay.

"uh." lanae said scratching behind her head slowly as notti looked her up and down. lanae then turned her head seeing yanna standing besides jay before she shook her head.

"yanna? you ready..?" lanae said awkwardly as yanna glanced at her before shaking her head quickly.

"give me two minutes!" yanna said excitedly before she walked outside with jay. and lanae was left standing there in disbelief.

"that bitch." lanae whispered with a small glare on her face causing notti to laugh. lanae quickly whipped her head to notti who was smirking at her.

"cmere, lemme talk to you." notti said waving to lanae as she looked at him confused before following him in the corner of the store away from everybody.

notti stopped in his tracks before making lanae stop aswell. he let go of her arm before he started speaking.

"so what's really the issue?" notti asked her as she looked at him genuinely confused at what he meant. "what are you talking about?" lanae asked before crossing her arms. 

notti just looked her up and down before nodding slowly. lanae was fine as hell and he wanted her badly.

"about the concert situation?" lanae asked cluelessly as notti nodded slowly again. he wasn't really focus on whatever lanae was talking about anymore, he just couldn't stop staring at her.

"oh, i already told you i was just mad. i already apologized." lanae said shrugging as notti just brushed it off.

"ight, we good then?" notti asked as lanae nodded. she didn't know why notti was giving her this look, but he looked good doing it.

"add me on ig." notti said as lanae fell quiet for a second before she nodded trying to stop her growing smile.

he then went to go pay for his stuff before exiting the deli leaving lanae sitting there with her face beating up slowly.

"what just happened." lanae whispered to herself before she went to go pay for her own stuff. as soon as she was finished she walked outside seeing the same boys from the show, but one was next to yanna.

"yanna, who's..?" lanae asked pointing at jay slightly as she laughed. "this is jay, the one..i was talking to you about!" yanna said in a unconvincing tone. she just didn't want jay to know how bad she obsessed over him.

yanna gave lanae that face that automatically made lanae understand not to say anything about her love for jay.

"oh i remember, well you ready to go home now?" lanae asked yanna as she nodded. yanna quickly gave jay a small kiss on the cheek before going over to lanae who was looking at her surprised.

the two then started walking away, and when they were far enough lanae finally got to ask about what happened between yanna and jay.

"i didn't know yall was like that!" lanae said hyping her bestfriend up as yanna cheesed from ear to ear.

"lanae he asked for my number!" yanna said excitedly as her and lanae cheered for the situation.

"so what's up with you and notti? i see the way yall look at eachother." yanna said smiling at her bestfriend as lanae snickered.

"nah, it's not like that." lanae said shrugging as yanna gave her a look. lanae saw yanna staring at her from the corner of her eye as she quickly looked at her.

"what? i'm deadass." lanae said as yanna just shook her head. "prove me wrong then." yanna said shrugging as lanae rolled her eyes playfully.

the two then walked back into the house with their snacks. lanae was in the middle of a dangerous game...

(how we liking the characters & story so far? i love this book alrrrrr)