Franks POV- 12 years old

I was so excited. My mom was going to take the five of us to the gym where she works out because Gerards mommy couldn't watch us.

We sat in my yard conversing about what we were going to do while we waited for my mom.

"We should try racquet ball," Ray suggested.

"The one where you're trapped in a room while a ball bounces around and causes twenty annual deaths? Fuck yeah sign me up", Bob exclaimed.

"Bob, language," my mom came out of the house and locked the door.

"Sorry Mrs. Iero," Bob looked down.

We got up to walk to the car.

"We should do tetherball, I got knocked out by one of those once", I suggested.

"It was an accident", Gerard looked bad and I had his hand to reassure him.

"It's okay", I laughed. "It's funny".

Gerard smiled down on me.

"The gym doesn't have tetherball anyways", my mom butted in.

We all got in the car, Bob sitting up front and me and Mikey sharing the middle seat. I was next to Gerard, obviously.

"We could do dodge ball. Do they have a lot of basketballs?" Bob asked my mom.

"Umm, you guys aren't going to do that", my mom said.

"We should have a race", Mikey suggested.

"No!" the four of us said simultaneously.

"That'd be unfair, you're really tall and you'd win", I said gesturing at my short legs.

"Whatever", Mikey rolled his eyes.

"Mom, what else do they have?" I asked.

"Uhh, volley ball, basketball, tennis-" my mom was cut off.

"Ooh," Gerard said.

"Yeah tennis seems fair", I nodded.

"Totally, I could go for that", Ray said.

"Are you two okay with it?" Gerard asked Bob and Mikey.

"Yeah, sounds good", Mikey said.

"I'd rather go for dodge ball but that's the next best thing", Bob laughed.

We pulled into the driveway of the gigantic gym and butterflies flew in my stomach. I wanted to impress Gerard, but what if I failed miserably?

"What's wrong Frank?" Gerard asked while getting out of the car.

"It's nothing", I uncomfortably slid out of the car.

I wondered why Gerard and I wore skinny jeans to a gym, but whatever.

We walked across the vast parking lot and into the air conditioned gym. Bob tripped over thin air and nearly collided with the floor, but saved himself.

"I'll be in this room", my mom pointed at a set of sliding doors on the far left side of the lobby. "Rent supplies from that kiosk over there and the tennis courts are out there".

My mom pointed out everything.

"Oh god, it's going to be hot," Ray said.

Ray wasn't one for complain but I connected with him on this. It was 95° out there today.

We rented our racquets and a couple of fluorescent green tennis balls and found an empty court.

We did it Ray and Bob against Mikey, Gerard, and I.

Bob was serving, and he threw it up into the net that is fifty feet above us and when it collided with the ground once again, it was a few feet behind him. Bob just settled with tossing the ball to our side where none of us could hit it before it hit the fence behind us. We all busted put laughing before mikey attempted to serve. He failed and just ended up jotting himself in the face.

Gerard was sweating profusely much like myself and complained about the blistering heat.

Eventually after 45678543247 epic attempt at playing this god forsaken game, we gave up and went to the complimentary smoothie where we drank smoothies and talked about what to do next.

Even through all of this talk, none of us ever stood up to go and do anything new. We were exhausted.

The only thing that kept me going outside was the fact that I felt like I had to impress Gerard. I looked over at him and he was nervously picking at his fingernails.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," he laughed. "I'm just a little wound up".

"Gerard I don't think I ever want to exercise again", I shook my head.
.
"I'm feel the exact some way", Gerard laughed and threw his head back.

SAAAAME.