Frank's POV~ 21 years old

I'm freaking out. Thank you so much for 30K views! I'm going through every comment to celebrate so if I reply to some things that I haven't seen in the past, I promise I'm not creepy. I'm so excited. You'll... uh... love this chapter... Yeah. Love. Enjoy (:

This is an alternative universe: (Credit to Emily for the idea, I love you m80)

We held hands as we walked through the beautiful, magnificent forest. The trees firmly remained in place from the recent storms in Belleville. These were the trees that could only be brought down by human force. We were looking for a certain spot. Please read the Author's Note if you haven't already, I really want to thank you.

When we finally came to it, it was breathtaking. It was an open field. Flowers and vibrant green grass flooded the forest grounds and rays of sunlight leaked in through the dangling vines and swooping tree branches to create a scene you could see in a painting.

Wildlife was all you could hear around us. Deer jumped around merrily in the forest. Bunnies hopped with stealth and glee through the uneven tall greenery. Birds dove in and out of the area surrounded by foliage. It was a true picture of nature.

It was beautiful, but when Gerard looked at me with his piercing hazel eyes and a sincere smile depicted on his flawless features I melted internally.

I breathed a sigh of content. Today was the day. I was going to propose to this man. My hand was in my jacket, playing with the ring box. When I touched it, it made me a little more nervous. But when I looked at Gerard I got bold. Maybe that's why I liked to stare at him so much.

I smiled back at him and he giggled like a school girl.

"Gerard Way, I love you so much", I caressed his feather soft, pale face with my cold hand. (A/N: Face Cradle reference)

In turn, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. My cold face was buried in his jacket that smelt of cigarettes and coffee. It was his signature scent. It was intoxicating. I pulled away and looked him directly in the eyes for a moment before he cracked a smile. I blushed and looked away.

"I love you too", he smiled.

I rubbed my stiff, cold neck. I tried to create friction because I was freezing my ass off. Nothing worked, this chill just worked it's way up my spine regardless of what I did.

"Let's get set up", I bit my lip after giving up.

You can do this. You can do this. You can do this.

I took a deep breath in. I held it for seven seconds (I counted) before releasing the breath that seemed to be a visible white in the frosty air.

I could smell the pine trees giving off that compelling scent when it rained that lingered in the air for several days afterwards.

Gerard vivaciously swung his hips as he spread our fluffy, clean blanket across the natural forest turf. If you looked closely enough, you could see the grass jump when bugs and insects meandered through. A lone butterfly fluttered across our vision.

A monarch butterfly.

A monarch butterfly was probably the ruler of the butterfly kingdom. But this one was all alone, without a friend. It hurt to know it would die soon in this cold weather. No mercy.

For a moment there, blackness surrounded me as I thought of the inevitability of death. Some accept it and some deny it. Because of our fear of death, we've formulated Gods that say there is life after death if we're good and it is brilliant. But is it true? How do we know these things are true?

Before I wanted to fall to the ground and sleep forever, I pulled myself out of the existential crisis. I had Gerard and that's all that mattered. It wouldn't matter how it ended, as long as it was spent with someone you love.

I wanted Gerard to keep forever. I grasped the ring in my pocket as he turned to set up the picnic. I pulled it out of my coat as I kneeled down on one knee and looked up to Gerard, refusing eye contact. I was nervous as I stumbled out my proposal.

"Gerard Way. Will you carry me to the en-", I stopped short.

Pain shot through my abdomen. I looked down and blood was dripping into the perfectly flawed grass.

Gerard held a knife that he pierced through my stomach. This was the end.

Come one, come all to this tragic affair.

I fell to the ground as the ring box stumbled into the brush. I grasped for air as my ability to breathe started slipping.

"Gerard", I inhaled. "Why?"

The last words I heard?

"Because I want to spend the rest of my life with you", Gerard cried, driving the knife through his own chest.

My last thought?

I'm spending my last moments with the one I love.

Gerard plopped, lifeless, to the ground.