Gerard's POV- 7 years old

Today was picture day at school and I was so excited! Me and Frankie even had matching outfits... but so did Mikey because my mom thought it'd be cute. Ugh, Mikey, stop ruining the fun.

You're not a part of mine and Frankie's relationship.

I had my mommy wake me up super duper early so I could look perfect. I even had her straighten my unruly dark hair. In the end, my black shirt and red tie really stood out with my hair.

I was only seven, but I'm nearly grown up! I decided that I didn't want to disappoint Frankie, so when my parents left for work, trusting us with the responsibly to walk the short way to school, I snuck into their bathroom.

I saw two deodorants on their counter. I had to make a choice.

I could choose the dark green one... let me smell it... oh, eugh that's disgusting. I thought this was supposed to make you smell good??

And then there's this bright purple one. I hope it doesn't smell as bad.... well, actually. It smells pretty good. Like flowers and baby powder.

I took the tiny bottle and uncapped it. I unbottoned the clippy buttons on my shirt and drug the stick across my arm pits. It tickled.

"Gewawd?" Mikey cocked his head.

"Go away Mikey, I'm twying to be a big boy", I sassed. "You wouldn't undewstand".

"Can you help me cwick these buttons?" he gestured to the buttons on his shirt.

"Sure Mikey, what awe bwothers for?" I smiled.

I jumped down from the toilet that elevated me to the counter and assisted Mikey with his buttons. When I was finished, he waddled away with awkward knees that he's had ever since he learned to walk.

Maybe someone taught him wrong?

I returned to the counter top and looked for more smells to immerse my body in.

I picked up a little bottle of dark liquid that read aftershave.

What harm could it do?

I uncapped it and carefully dabbed some on my shirt. The smell was even worse than the deodarant! Why didn't I smell that before-hand?

To cover it up, I picked up a tiny pink spray bottle. It had a little pump that you squeezed to get the liquid out.

Deciding I needed to smell it first, I stuck it right up to my nose and squeezed... that was the worst mistake.

I instantly began sneezing my head off.

But regardless, it smelt pretty like my mom so I sprayed it on the rest of me.

And finally, I was ready.

Taking my little brother with me, I went across the street to retrieve the Frank. Instantly, he asked what that smell was, just as Mikey had done.

"That's what a man smewls wike", I puffed out my chest.

"Whoa", Frank marveled.

We talked about how manly I was all the way to school. I definately felt manly.

That is, until I got to school and realized I forgot my backpack. So I cried like a baby. I was no longer a man.

But Frank said a man isn't defined by his emotions, but by how he smells.

Exactly as I thought. e-e hehe