Chapter Five

~•Arial's POV•~

I waited till Jeremy had fallen asleep to call Zayn. Sadly it was almost 1am but I needed to talk to Zayn to see what I could do. He was the only person that might be able to help me. Carmen can't because she's to scared of Jeremy like I am.

I dialed his number as I walked out of the bedroom where a passed out drunk Jeremy was asleep in bed. Good thing he was a heavy sleeper or else he would've heard me walk out of the room and close the door. Once I was in the lounge area I walked over to the fire escape and climbed out onto it.

It was a decently cool night for the summer but I didn't mind. I hit the call button and let it ring for a little bit.

"Hello?" a tired, sleepy voice answered.

"Hi, Zayn?" my voice shook, I don't know why I was so scared to talk to him. He was comforting to me.

"Arial? Is that you? what's wrong?" he frantically whispered into the phone. I heard some shuffling and then a door close.

"Are you okay?" he was talking normal now so he must've left the room to be alone.

"No. . . I'm not" I said as I climbed down the fire escape and started walking down the side walk in my shorts and t shirt. I had also grabbed a pair of flip flops when I walked out so I wasn't bare foot. I do this a lot so I come prepared.

"We'll what's wrong? It's Jeremy isn't it? He hit you again didn't he?!" he spoke, he was getting angry now I just knew it. It scared me.

"Yea he did" I answered quietly.

"Where are you? I'm coming to get you" Zayn said as I heard an elevator ding on his end.

"I'm in New York" I said vaguely.

"Well so am I, The lads and I have a few concerts here for our tour, tell me where you are I can take a can to you" he answered.

"I'm walking down the sidewalk, I came out the fire escape cuz I was afraid that Jeremy would wake up if I left through the apartment door" I paused to take a breathe "I'm going to a park three blocks from my apartment" I said as I gave him the address.

"Okay, I'll be there in about ten minutes, my hotel isn't that far from there" Zayn said.

"Okay" I didn't know what to say, I had just met him and he was helping me with so much "and Zayn?"

"yea?" he questioned.

"Thank you" I spoke.

"Anything for you" I heard him say as a car door was closed on his end.

We sat on the phone in a comfortable silence for a while.

I noticed that a taxi had pulled up to the grass at the bottom of the hill that the park was on.

"I just got here, is that you on the swing?" I heard Zayn speak up from the other end.

"Yea, I'll come down and me-" I was cut off.

"No you don't have to, the taxi driver said he'll wait for as long as I need him to" I heard him say as his dark figure made its way up the hill.

I got off the swing as he stood in front of me. I hung up my phone first and then Zayn did the same. He put his phone in his pocket and then wrapped me in a hug.

"I wish I could protect you all the time but I can't because you won't even leave him" he said into my hair.

"I can't Zayn, he'll just find me, especially if I'm hanging around One Direction and then it'll be worse than if I were to just stay" I answered him.