Chapter 9 - Go Get Him

Cortney's P.O.V - Saturday Morning

"Hey, cousin." My cousin, Dylan, smiled, walking into my room. He just transferred into the school, but he's only here for six months. I met his friends yesterday, in school. There was Audrey, the girl with black and green hair. Robin, Audrey's boyfriend and Zacky, Dylan's twin brother. Un-Identical.

I waved at him and he sat on the bean bag I just got in my room. I was sat on the window sill, looking at Corey's house. Erin was probably gonna tell everyone anyway, so should I tell Corey I like him? What if he doesn't care? What if I was just a phase in his life? He hasn't called round in a while...

As if Dylan was reading my mind, "Why don't you just go over to his house and tell him you like him. The worse that could happen is he doesn't like you back." He suggested, flicking through a music magazine, that was just lying on the floor by him.
I shrugged.
"Cortney.... You don't usually like guys, but I can tell you really like him. Just go tell him." Dylan sighed, moving to sit at the end of my bed, looking at me.
I looked at him and shook my head. "I can't." I wrote on my notepad.
"Oh My Metallica! Cortney, you love him. Face it, Erin was just threatening you, so she could probably get with Corey herself. You know Corey hates cheerleaders! Don't let Corey slip away, because of one girl!" Dylan said, taking my notebook, seeing the page where I wrote 'Corey' in different fonts, not leaving a blank space anywhere.
I listened to every word he said and nodded.
"Go get your man." Dylan whispered, pointing at Corey's name.

I got up and ran downstairs, Dylan ran with me, but when we were down the drive he went to Robin's house, up the street. Mum and dad were out, and weren't expected back for a while.

I ran across the road and walked up Corey's drive. I stood at his door and held my hand up, to knock, but his door opened, before I could.
"Cortney?" Corey asked, standing in the doorway, looking at me.
I put my hand down and swallowed. 'Don't back down!'
"Why have you been avoiding us?" He asked, with a deep frown.
I frowned and showed him my wrist. Erin's nail marks were still there. They were deep, but not enough to make me bleed. They were fading and I was actually surprised she didn't leave a scar.

Corey took my hand and ran his thumb over the marks. "Come on in." He pulled me gently into the house.
I walked in and followed him up to his room. His walls were littered with new posters and a few pictures of us and the guys were on the back of his door. He's redecorated and tidied up.
He had a pic of me and him from my third day at school. We were messing around and Paul got a pic of us at the picnic table, when we stole everyone's food.

I smiled at the pic and Corey sat in his desk chair. "I saw you run over." He said, nodding over at the window.
I nodded and sat on the foot of his bed. It was soft and light. Comfy.
"Cortney, Erin tried to make a move on me, but I told her to piss off. I don't like girls like her. I want a girl I actually like. A girl who means something to me. A girl I'd take a bull-" I started crying.
Corey stopped talking and came over to me. "What's wrong?" He asked, taking my hands, kneeling in front of me, making me look at him.

I'm in love with him and he needs to know. Now or never, Cortney...

"I love you." I cried, not being able to look at him, but somehow holding my gaze.
Corey looked at me and slowly burst into a smile. "Cortney, I love you too. I really do. When you left us I felt so broken. I just wanted to have you by my side. When I called you my sister, it felt so wrong! The fight I had with Joey - it was about you! We both liked you, but then he got a girlfriend! Cortney, I'm in love with you! I'm crazy about you! You're all I think about and all I want!" Corey spilled out.

I wasn't expecting that.

. . .

Me and Corey stayed up in his room all morning. I have actually been his girlfriend for three hours now!
We were just sat on his bed, talking. Well, he was, but I was listening.

He told me about how scared he was, not knowing if he lost me for good, or anything! He asked me about the people I've been hanging out him.
I explained that Dylan was my cousin, and how he was nervous to approach me, as we never really spoke before. Dylan always knew I was silent, so just left me be, until he saw me sat on my own. Corey got it all wrong... He thought me and Dylan were together.

"I should tell my mum your back..." Corey whispered, as we were lying on his bed, almost cuddled up.
His arm cushioned my head, as I lay on my side, facing him, and he laying facing the ceiling.
"She knows that you left. I think she'll be glad to see you again. I'll reintroduce you." He spoke softly.
"I love you, Corey." I whispered, speaking so lightly, it was like I never even said it.
"I love you too." He whispered back, stroking some hair out of my face.
He shuffled a little, getting more comfortable, propping himself up, whiles I remained lying down.

Slowly, he leaned down, gently holding my chin up a little, and I know what was about to happen. He looked into my eyes for permission, to which I gave a small nod.
My heart started to race, as I closed my eyes, and Corey closed his.
They say the most exciting part of a kiss, are the seconds leading up to it. Just before the lips touch... I can get that, but they've obviously never kissed Corey Taylor.