Chapter 16 - Doing What I Want To Do

Cortney's P.O.V - 2 years later

It was the final day of school. We were done. We all sat together in Music, listening to the 'Good bye and good luck' announcement. Obviously bored as fuck!

Me and Corey were doing a weird hand shake and Sid was throwing paper at us, but Paul was throwing it back. Everyone else was just talking about Slipknot. The guys were gonna take another step further and do a few gigs out of town, to get more popular.

"... and a final note to you graduates, don't let anyone tell you what you should do or be like. Be who you are and you'll get far. Good luck." With that the final bell rang.

"YES!" Brenna literally screamed.

Corey kissed my cheek and we all ran out the school. Finally forever!

We pretty much all went our separate ways, but Corey took me through a different root. He wasn't talking, just smiling. I was just going along with it.

We walked through the dirt trail in the woods and we came into a huge field. I stopped walking and looked at Corey, but he just walked backwards, looking at me, then sat at the top of the field, with the best view of the woods.

I walked over and sat with him, but he wrapped his arms around me, making us lie down.

"Cortney... I only brought you here cause no one else comes here and I really love you... I know we are technically just kids, but I swear I will get the money, so we can move in together. I just want to spend every waking minute with you." Corey said, playing with a stand of my electric blue hair.

I smiled and kissed his hand, but he took my chin, gently, and turned me, so he could kiss my lips. We smiled to each other and stayed like we were for an hour.

~

I got home and had my dinner. Mum was on about how good it was that me and my friends stayed friends, ever since my first day. It was good. I didn't make any other friends, I got a boyfriend who loves and cares about me (even wants to get us a place of our own!).

I thought about Corey... he was the class clown from first impressions, but when you really get to know him he is so caring and loving. He missed practice a few times, in the past 2 years, so he could take care of me if I was sick or hurt. I took care of him in return.

He gave me a voice, knowing full well I hated mine.

Corey's P.O.V

I got home, after saying night to Cortney and I just lay in my bed.

I wonder if, when we're older, she'd marry me? I wanna spend my life with her.

I feel weird when I think of my future, but if it's gonna be with Cortney, then I'll take it!