Chapter 14 - Christmas Break

Cortney's P.O.V - 1 month later

It was Friday. The last day of school before Christmas. Lindsey had been really off on all of us for the past 3 weeks. Joey tried talking to her, but she always changed the subject. To be honest we were all pretty pissed off with her, but she wasn't gonna ruin our Christmas.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" Jim was counting down the seconds until bell.

We all got up and the teacher wished us a Merry Christmas.

I walked home, holding Corey's hand, as usual, but something felt off.

I looked behind us and someone run behind a wall. I stopped walking and Corey looked at me.

"You OK?" He asked.

I pointed to the wall, but suddenly a ball of snow hit my back.

"NOW!" I heard Clown shout. Me and Corey looked at Clown and loads of snowballs started hitting us.

I hid behind Corey as our friends attacked us with the ice cold snow. He was fake offended, but soon took my hand and we ran off.

We got to the park and ditched our bags, by the bench. Everyone joined us and left their bags with ours and we had one huge snowball fight. Mid-fight more snow started to fall. It was beautiful.

~

Me and Brenna were making snow angels, Chris, Corey and Clown started to build a snowman and Jim, Sid and Paul were still fighting against Mick, Joey and Craig. We spent 2 hours just playing in the snow.

After another 20 minutes I decided I should go home. Mum didn't know where I was.

I looked at Corey, but he was too busy, but Brenna got the hint.

"I'll tell him. See you tomorrow." She smiled, hugging me. I hugged her back and grabbed my bag.

I walked home, trying not to slip on the ice. I crossed the street, being carful, but I heard a screech of wheels and saw a car come at me.

I lay on the ground, in pain. The driver of the car got out, made sure I was conscious, looked through my bag and I'm guessing, called my mum. My eyes closed and that was the last I remembered.