YTTD - Chapter 13

I thought my birthday would just continue and be a relaxing normal day after getting my surprise breakfast. Sadly my parents were both at work from morning until late night, so I got short phone calls from both of them, and it was enough for me as I appreciated the smallest things given.

I was just laying on my bed, my feet propped up on my pillow and surfing through Tumblr, as I almost drooled over God's creation that was Park Jimin, one of the members from my favorite K-pop group. Like how can someone be so beautiful? Suddenly the site disappeared and a unknown number flashed across my screen. Narrowing my eyes at it, I hesitated to pick up, but decided against it and swiped the button.

"Hello, Allie Miller speaking."

"Hmm, I can't believe I actually got your number," his infamous voice chuckled on the other side.

I groaned, not bothering to hide my dismay of him calling, "Don't you have anything better to do than bother me on a Saturday?" I asked him annoyed.

"Since when did it become a crime to call my partner in a school project?" He said innocently.

I rolled my eyes at the ceiling, "Fine, what is it now? And don't tell me you're too lazy to read the summary I sent you," I warned him.

"Well your summary was a bit long, but I won't mention that," Nate commented, "You gotta come over."

I sat up in my bed, "What?" I said in confusion.

"I need help," he said again.

I blinked, "Help with what, and come over where?" I questioned frustrated.

"My house."

At that it seemed like it all stopped for me in the moment, "You want me to come over to your house?" I repeated dumbfounded.

"Yes..." he sighed impatiently.

"Why?" I asked loudly, "and for your information, I don't even know where you live."

"You'll find out when you get here. I'll send you the address, and you can just put it in your GPS or something," Nate muttered the last part.

I glared at nothing in particular, and cleared my throat loudly for him to hear, "Excuse me Mr. I'm-so-rich-that-I-Have-Everything," I drawled, "Not everyone in this world has a car, alright. Why do you think I was walking last time?" Reminding him of the day when he drove me to school, and me ending up coming late and hanging out with the popular crowd.

There was silence for a few moments on the other line, then a groan, "Why does life have to be so hard?" He questioned no one in particular.

"Excuse m-"

"I'll have someone pick you up. Be ready in 20," he ordered.

My mouth dropped open, "I didn't even agree to anything, and you don't know where I live!" I protested loudly in the phone.

"I have my ways," his voice mused before the line was cut.

"Hello?" I asked. "Are you still there?" I tried again.

I can't fucking believe that son of an a-hole just hung up on me, and ordered me to get ready for something I didn't even know of.

"This better be something good..." I muttered to myself, and actually got off the bed.

I got to my closet and dressed in a pair of dark skinny jeans, and a comfortable flannel shirt accompanied with my white sneakers and small satchel bag to contain my phone, wallet and earplugs. I just simply pulled my long blonde hair up in a ponytail and added just a bit mascara, before making my way downstairs and saw Addison sitting on the couch, watching reruns of Pretty Little Liars.