YTTD - Chapter 14

"This is Allie, she's your new playmate and babysitter," he introduced me with a grin as I smiled back uneasily, before his words registered in my mind. 

"WHAT?!"

I stared wide eyed at his back towards me when the little girl looked at me with a toothy grin, and I composed my expression. 

    "Really?" her voice sounded so happy as she got away from his arms and stood in front me, looking u with adoring eyes. 

    "Will you play dolls with me?" she asked hopefully, as I opened my mouth and spluttered. 

    "W-well I-I don't-"

    "Of course she will. She'll do anything you want," Ashton cut in with a smile towards her, as I glared at him. 

    "Yay!" the little girl jumped up and down and clapped her hands with joy. 

I had no words left to say as I just stood rooted to my spot not knowing what to do. Did he seriously just make me a babysitter? I nervously laughed at her, before grabbing his arm and pulling him out the door quickly and closing it gently shut. 

"What the heck is your problem?" I snapped at him once we were outside. 

He sighed, "There's with your snapping again.."

"I have a good reason to snap at you," I glared, "Who told you that you could just assign me as a babysitter?"

"Listen Miller, don't take this the wrong way, alright? I'm desperate at the moment," he admitted. 

I scoffed, "You desperate? Don't make me laugh."

He narrowed his eyes, "Why don't you believe me?"

"Do you see where we are at the moment?" I retorted at him and gestured around the mansion. "What can a guy like you be so desperate about? Besides, I do have a life, alright."

Ashton closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, "What can I do to change your mind?"

I let out a loud laugh, "You could have offered me millions, and I wouldn't have accepted. Tell me your reason and I might consider it."

The side of his lips tugged up slightly, "You might?" he repeated. 

I shrugged lightly, "I'm not an complete asshole either, I do have a generous side at times," I told him with a pointed look. 

"Those times must be completely rare..." he muttered as I glared and he smiled innocently at me. "Fine, my parents gave me the job of watching over Lizzie while they are overseas working, but you know me: Nate Ashton doesn't have the time to babysit in his life," he explained with an arrogant smile as I tried to stop my jaw from dropping open. 

"Are you freaking serious right now?" I asked flatly. 

"What?"

"Your reason for me to babysit is so you can hang out with your friends?" I repeated with raised eyebrows. 

"Yes?"

I closed my eyes briefly before opening them and looking at his confused face. "See you at school," was the only thing I said before turning away and making my way down the stairs. 

"Hey! Where are you going?!" he shouted. 

"Home!" I called back. 

"I thought you said you were a generous person," he said suddenly next to me down the stairs as I rolled my eyes.