YTTD - Chapter 26

Yay, so thankful for the comments last chapter, you guys have no idea how much I love reading them! Thank you <3

***
Previously...

He then decided to turn around, a small polite smile on his face, but I was surprised to suddenly see it drop as he faced her. Mom seemed also to be quite shocked, as she blinked at him several times, body tensed.

"Clarissa?"

Wait what?

***

I looked at the two of them with a frown, mouth pulled in a tight line, my mind getting more confused as the time ticked by.

"You...know my mom?" I asked him slowly, and he seemed to realize something as his face turned back to a cool facade.

But I wasn't stupid nor oblivious. Most times that is.

It wasn't hard to notice that it was slip up, and by my mom's reaction she did too. And now both of them were trying to figure out a excuse on how they knew each other. At least good enough to explain why he used her first name of all things.

"You know how I'm close to his father, Allie. So it's just natural for him to call me that," Mom waved off casually as she lifted out the boxed soup from the plastic bag.

"I thought you hated him," I pointed out with crossed arms, my memories flashing back to our dinner where it was mentioned.

Ashton seemed intrigued by our conversation and I saw that he was listening in interest.

"I never said that," mom chuckled and an outsider would have thought nothing of it. But like I said, she was my mom. I knew when she was trying to hide something. "That was your dad darling."

"You keep in touch with your ex boyfriend?" I couldn't help but question, the disbelief clear in my voice.

I mean I know it's not weird to be friends with your ex boyfriends if it ended on friendly terms. But from what I listened to last time, Ashton's father didn't seem like a guy that my mom would tolerate to be with. Despite their one year dating history in high school. And that man sounded like the complete opposite from my dad, who was probably the kindest man I knew.

Mom gave me a look at those words. "We're both married, Allie. There's nothing wrong with that."

"I didn't say that it was wrong," shrugging I walked towards the soup and opened the lid and inhaled the scent with a pleased smile.

Hey, there's always time for food, alright.

"Besides; A&A corporations have been doing business with our shop for the past few weeks, and I've been visiting their house a lot," mom put in.

I had to keep my scoff in at that. "What does a law firm have to do with a flower shop?"

Yes, my mother worked at a local flower shop in the middle of town. It was quite popular as well, which was unlikely for businesses like that. They made beautiful bouquets and imported unique flowers in from all around the world, that usually didn't come cheap. The shop's been there ever since I was born and just got more popular as the years went by. My mom's been working there for as long as I can remember. The flower shop was called "The Secret Garden", and wasn't the most extravagant shop in town. It was quite average sized and the inside was decorated in a way that you almost felt like stepping into a magical garden with their large range of flowers and colors. People loved to go there to just look at the new arrivals in fascination, but the orders never went empty. Either it was for a wedding, birthday or company dinners.