YTTD - Chapter 18

It was obvious that Noah Williams was another one of those rich jocks as we neared the wealthier side of town

It was obvious that Noah Williams was another one of those rich jocks as we neared the wealthier side of town. We could already see cars lining up after each other the closer we got. And despite this party being "exclusive", there were a hell lot of people. After driving around for about 10 minutes, Grace finally found a space to park near the house, as someone must have left in the time we were circling around. Opening the car door, we all stepped out as she put her car keys in her bra and patted the place affectionately.

"You sure that's not going to come off during the night?" Lily raised an eyebrow.

Grace rolled her eyes in return. "I'm not here to sleep with someone, Lils."

"If you say so, but I'm not sure if Williams will agree."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Grace stuck out her tongue at her.

The three of us all linked arms as we walked up to the door. The front lawn had a few people mingling around, and they were obviously sober and probably needed a calmer place to stay. The music booming from the mansion was ridiculously loud that even I had to wince a bit. As we stopped in front of the steps, Grace knocked loudly on the door and we waited for a response. Not long after did it open, and the grinning face of Noah Willams opened it. His dark blonde hair, usually pushed back was already a bit ruffled and his cheeks tinted with a red flush.

"Hey girls, you came!" He grinned at all of us, before his eyes stopped on Grace and they widened a small fraction.

"Hey Noah," she smiled and as he returned it and they shared a quick, friendly hug.

He ushered us into the house, and I saw how his arm kept lingering on her back and they started to talk together as soon we walked inside. I could feel my protective best friend feelings coming forward as I continued to glare at his arm, hoping it somehow would vanish.

Is it acceptable if I cut it off? I mean it's for a good case. I could probably tell the police that.

"Let them be alone," Lily told me over the music and suddenly pulled me through the crowd of people.

"What if he tries something, or hurts her?!" I exclaimed as the thought gave me a bit of panic. Grace was too pure and innocent for that. I couldn't let some greasy guy take advantage of her like that.

Lily gave me a look. "Don't worry okay. I know Noah, he's a nice guy. She's in good hands, so just relax and have a bit of fun alright?"

I looked around the large kitchen we were in and saw the island in the middle full with different alcoholic drinks and shots. Lily didn't hesitate to grab two cups and popped open two cans of sprite, giving us both some. She looked carefully at all the vodka bottles, before deciding on a unopened Mickey Finn and poured it in as well. I thought she was done, but no, she had to put something stronger in it and mixed some more vodka. With a grin, she turned around and gave it to me.