Chapter Five

Chapter Five

When I woke next, I was in my own bed. Strange, I didn't remember coming home... I sat up slowly, searching around the space. My eyes landed on a figure sprawled out on the sofa by the window. He faced the wall, not covered with any type of duvet or shirt. One of his huge arms hung limp over the tan sofa. I smiled and looked back down at my hands. I ran my fingers over my lips, reliving the night before. I felt his warm kiss lingering there. My eyes darted back up when I heard Harry shift. I stood up quickly, only to see what I wore. It was the white shirt he'd worn the night before and a pair of black and pink panties. I reached for my drawer, pulling it open, I slipped on a nice pair of shorts over my legs. I quietly made my way over to Harry's limp body by my window. The sun shown through making his face glow.  I smiled and slowly pushed his chocolate curls out of his face. His face moved up into a smile. He opened his eyes and revealed those emerald green orbs. 

"Good morning beautiful." His raspy voice cooed. He sat himself up and I crouched down on to his lap.

"Morning." I smiled. I grabbed his hand from his lap and looked over it. It was so large compared to mine. I set it back down and looked up at him. His cheeky smile stood out. I kissed his cheek then turned back to his exposed chest. I started to explore the creases in his tummy. Moving my fingers over it lightly, I reached a spot that was differently colored from the rest of his skin. When my fingers ran over it, I felt Harry flinch below me. I glanced back up quickly. He looked fine. I turned back to the odd spot on his tummy. It looked like a bruise.

"Harry, what happened?" I whispered. 

"Nothing love, I'm alright. Just a little bruise." I didn't believe the sweetness in his voice, as much as I was supposed to. I reached back down to his other arm that strewn itself around my waist. When I pulled it off, I started to look at the fingers. They were scratched. Some of them still looked raw. I felt my breath catch when my eyes met a large cut across his knuckle. My hand instinctively flew up to my mouth. He pulled his arm away quickly. He must have seen the panic plastered on my face. His hands reached up to my face, encasing it. I didn't realize the wetness around my eyes until I felt Harry's wet fingers. 

"Harry, please. What happened to you?" I whimpered. He kissed my forehead before he spoke. 

"It was just some jerk. He tried to start a fight with some girl at the club. So I hit him." He tried to make it seem casual.

"And he hit back." I whispered. He nodded. 

"It wasn't even really a fight. We just exchanged fists a few times. I'm fine love, really." I felt my head move weakly. He pressed his lips under both of my eyes, making me smile. He kissed his way down to my lips, where he held them with his. It was a long kiss. When he pulled away, my eyes still stayed shut, I felt the kiss linger on my lips. I opened my eyes to see him smile his cheeky smile. 

"C'mon beautiful, why don't we go find something to eat?" I nodded and walked with him to the kitchen.

 After we ate, Harry had to get back to the lads to go to the studio. Therefore I was left alone, again. I walked back up the stairs to my bathroom to clean myself up. I slipped on a cute pair of denim shorts with a pink t-shirt then zipped up my blue, stripey hoodie. I reached back over to my phone. I clicked it open to the message I'd received. 

-Hey al, you awake?

Clara<3

I told her to come over and bring Briana. It was just going to be one of those, "kick back and girl talk summer days" again. Like it used to be. I smiled at the thought. I walked out to the backyard of my little flat. It overlooked the river. I sat down on the patio chair and relaxed in the summer heat. I sat for about twenty minutes before I heard the front door shut. I sat up as they shuffled through the door. Clara sat on her usual chair -the one closest to the grass- and Bri in hers. We started to chat up some simple convorsation like clothes, shoes, or how Clara's hair refused to cooperate this morning. After we ran out of things to say, both of the girls glanced over at me, waiting for me to say something. 

"What?" I asked. Clara gave me her whole 'You better tell me what happened last night' look. Yeah, she has a look for that. I sighed, "Okay, I get it. But nothing happened. Didn't Niall or Zayn stay with you girls?" They both shook their heads. "Really? Wow. Well like I said, nothing happened. I don't even remember how I got home. Let alone why I woke up to a shirtless celebrity on my sofa;" They looked at me in awe.

"He was shirtless on your couch? How did he lose his shirt?" Briana giggled. I shook my head as I laughed. When we finished our little laughing fit, I led the girls back into the house. I made three strawberry and banana smoothies and jumped up on the countertop. Clara turned around to the music player and clicked it on. She started dancing around the kitchen to an Avril Lavigne song playing on the radio. "Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs with the boombox playing as we're falling in love..." She started to sing along to it. Making me jump to my feet on the countertop and dance. Briana and Clara danced with their hands held together. I laughed. It was just like old times.   

About two hours later, we were sprawled out on the grass in the sun. We had the music player on and would occasionally sing along. I heard the buzz on my phone and reached for it. But it wasn't where I had left it. I shot myself up and darted my eyes around the grass, my hands raking through its' length. 

"Guys, where is my phone...?" I said. I still had my face looking in the grass. When I heard the giggling, I frowned. I glanced over, then ever so sneakily, tackled both of them. Clara held my phone tightly as Briana squealed. "Give it to me!!" I screamed at Clara. She pulled herself up from under me and turned back to the house. She sprinted down the hallway and disapeared into the upstairs. I clambered my way up them and found her sitting casually on an old sofa. 

"Why are you freaking love? It was just a text." She said with a sly, Clara, grin. I reached over to her, my arm extended. She looked at it, then turned back to the phone. 

"Clara, give me my phone. Now." I said, more stern than before. She sighed then dropped it in my hand. "Thank you." I went to the messages and saw the most recent. Harry. I smiled and opened it. My smile turned into a gasp as I read the message, I lost my balance and crumpled to my knees. I felt tears boiling behind my eyes.

Harry had been critically injured in a car crash.