Chapter Twenty Two

Almost 330 reads guys... thank you so much! Here is a longer chapter this time(: Love you all! Keep the reviews coming! xoxo

Chapter twenty-two

*Alyson's P.O.V*

She was here. She was alive.. How? My face was soaked from the tears of shock. My sister. My big sister. She was alive. I'd thought she was dead... I felt my body being pulled upward, to my feet. Harry stood in front of me, blocking my gaze to Alana. I didn't try to push him away. He just looked at me, into my eyes. I nodded and he stepped sideways, letting me see her. She was a mess. Her caramel hair was tangled and her clothes were scratchy. I sucked in a breath and moved forward.

"Lana?" I said to her. She looked at me with a scared, blank look. When I stepped forward once more, she scrambled backwards behind the officer. I didn't understand. The officer looked down at me then back to Liam.

"May I speak to her alone?" Liam nodded. He turned to the kitchen, walking away quietly with the others following him. Harry stood behind the sofa, just watching. I looked at him.

"Harry, it's okay." I said to him. He nodded slowly then turned after the others. The officer and Alana sat across the coffee table from me. He introduced himself as Officer Smith.

"What's wrong with her." I said to him. He looked at Alana, who sat with a blank stare on her face.

"She has temporary amnesia. It shouldn't last too long but you're never sure of the exact time frame." Amnesia. She can't remember anything. Me or Mel. Harry. How could she even cope with living here? With all of us. When it had only been the three of us before? And when my fiancee was one of the most popular boys in the world?

"How could you have known we were related if she can't remember anything?" I asked.

"She talks in her sleep. She would say your name, Alyson. She would also say that lad Harry's name too. I think she also said something about a Mel?"

"Mel was our dog. From when we were little." I quickly responded.

"Well when she would wake up in the morning, we would ask her questions about what she had said. But she'd never know. She is very lucky to be alive. We found her in the most damaged part of the plane wreck." he told me. All I cared about at this point was that she was alive. I had my sister. I had my daughter. I was getting married to the love of my life. I had my family back. I had everything I'd ever wanted. My life was perfect.

*Three months later*

It's been three months since Alana came back. She had most of her memories back now, all the way up to the plane crash. We sat in the living room, Harry, Mel and I, watching TV together. Alana had been staying at Clara's flat as she thought the house would be too crowded if she stayed there. She didn't want to fly back to Leiston. I understood. As we watched The Lion King, I heard footsteps walk up behind me. 

"Hey Al, can I talk to you for a minute?" It was Niall. I nodded and looked at Harry, he smiled, signaling me to go. I stood and followed Niall into the kitchen.

"What's up Niall?" I asked him.

"I know it's been a while since you've been back, but I really need to show you. It's been irking me for a while." I was confused.

"Show me what?"

"What happened the day you left." I stood in utter shock. He looked up at me, seeing the shock. I had never been told or 'seen' what had happened. Slowly, I nodded my head.

"Okay." Niall sighed. I told him to wait a moment as I wanted to go let Harry know I was going out. He had kissed me and I pecked little Mel on the forehead, then turned to follow Niall. As we drove, I started to recognize the scenery. We were driving to my old flat. Niall parked in front and turned off the car. 

"Why are we here?" I asked him.

"You'll see." He said. He opened the door and stepped out. I followed him to the front of the flat, where I stopped. He pulled out a key and unlocked the door.

"Why do you have a key?" I asked.

Niall smiled a weak smile. "Harry wanted to keep it, in case you came back." I gulped back the lump in my throat. "Ready?" I nodded and he stepped inside. It was empty, the way I'd left it. We walked down the hallway, to my bedroom. He stopped, taking in a deep breath. Slowly , Niall pushed the door open. What I saw was terrifying. My entire room was destroyed. some of the chairs were on the opposite side of the room and my nightdresser lay broken on the floor. When I looked to my right, I saw a gaping hole in the wall. Harry. He'd lost it... I saw a crumpled piece of folded paper on the floor. I slowly walked over to it. It was the note he'd given me the day we first saw each other, at the signing. I stood back up and turned to Niall.

"Why are you showing me this?" I asked.

"You needed to see what leaving did to him. I know I sound like a real jackass but you needed to see this. No one has touched anything. It's the same as it was almost five years ago Al." He said to me. I blinked back the tears. I wouldn't cry. I'd cried too much lately. It was done. The past. Now I was marrying him. The love of my life. The one who'd gone mad and destroyed my flat when I left him. 

We drove home in almost silence, the quiet music playing on the radio. I was still shocked about the flat. And I was sure that Harry would ask where we were. I walked into the front room, expecting to see him, but he wasn't there. I layed my jacket on the sofa and walked down the hallway. I heard a quiet voice coming from Melanie's room. Walking over, I heard Harry, singing softly to Mel.

"Truly, madly, deeply I am. Foolishly completely falling. And somehow you kicked all my walls in. So baby say you'll always keep me, truly madly crazy deeply in love, with you. In love with you." I smiled at his voice. It was so beautiful. I could see Mel through the crack in the door. She was grinning. She loved it when her dad sang to her. 

"Alright baby girl, time to go to sleep." He said to her.

"But daddy, I don't wanna sleep. I want you to sing more. It makes mommy happy." Harry smiled. 

"Sweet dreams beautiful girl." Mel nodded.

"I love you daddy." She said. 

"I love you too baby." He kissed her forehead as she closed her eyes. Harry turned the lights off as I stepped away from the door. He slowly shut it behind him then turned to me.

"I love you Harry." 

"I love you too Alyson." He kissed my lips, tender and sweet. Then he picked me up and took me to bed. As he lie me down, I felt him cuddle down next to me. I rolled to face him, burying my face into his chest, slowly falling into sleep.