Chapter Thirteen

Chapter thirteen

Clara walked over to me, encasing me in a tight hug. "Where have you been? We've missed you so much Al." She sobbed into my neck. It took her a moment to realize that Mel was still here. When she saw my little girl, her eyes darted back up to mine. I nodded. 

"Hello auntie Clara." Melanie said to her.

"Clara, this is my daughter, Melanie." Clara still had tears dripping down as she pulled Mel into a hug. After our reunion, Clara came back home with us where my sister, Alana, stood waiting. 

"Hello Alana." Clara said to her. They exchanged hugs and we went inside. Melanie, Alana and Bear went down to Mel's room to play for a bit while Clara and I caught up. 

"How are things with you and Niall?" I asked. Clara smiled.

"Better than ever. You know, the boys are preforming just a town away, in Sizewell actually. We could have them come over. Like old times." I hastily shook my head. 

"Clara, no. That's why I left. You weren't supposed to find me. None of the boys can know you saw me. Especially Harry." I said to her.

"Al, you know he's become a totally different person since you left. He has practically given up on everything. He constantly fights, he has tons of one night stands, and he's started to drink. He hasn't been the same. Al, he carries your note with him. He has for four years. He still tries to look for you. If or when he sleeps, all that can be heard is screaming. He calls out your name. He cries every night. Whenever he isn't having cheap sex with some slut, he sleeps, crying and screaming. He needs you Al. You and Melanie. More than you understand. And I know, somewhere inside you, you need him too. You can say you don't but I know." I felt tears prickling my eyes. I brushed them away. For four years. He cries every night for four years. I wanted to see him so badly. I knew it would only shoot away all of the hard work I had done to keep my daughter out of his life. Would seeing me, just once, help him become who he was? Just once. No more than that. I wouldn't bring Mel. Just a photograph. I had to. He had to stop this. Stop being the person he was now. He would only crash harder if he continued on like this. 

"Fine. Only once and not here. And not with Melanie. Just one time to get him back on track with who he really is." I said to Clara.

Here goes nothing.