Chapter Twenty

*NOTE: I really like reading comments and reveiws, (cough cough) so tell me what you guys think. Should I go on? What do y'all want to see happen?*

Chapter twenty

It's been about a week after the plane crash. Melanie still has to wear a cast on her arm but they fixed up her ribs. There has been no word on Alana. I won't believe she is dead.  

I sat in the guest room, Melanie curled up beside me. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do. If I am going to stay or leave. Melanie and the lads had gotten on really well after the crash. Apart from Harry, Louis was her favorite. She had said that was her secret. I smiled. How could this have happened to my little angel? With her birthday only four days away. What was I supposed to do?

*Narrator's P.O.V.*

Melanie was curled beside her mother, dreaming. She didn't understand what had happened or why Auntie La wasn't here. The only thing she remembered was flying high above the clouds, above the pretty birds, when suddenly, there was a loud noise. It hurt Melanie's ears. Then, she was asleep. When she had awoken next, a strange woman was handing her to her mum. Mum was crying. She had asked where Auntie La was, but had received no answer. She looked over Mum's shoulder to see another face. He looked familiar. He had deep dimples as he smiled her face. His curly hair swept messily to the side. Something in her little mind clicked. It was daddy. She had never met him before but mummy had shown her who he was on the telly. He was a very good singer and was really famous. In only the short time she'd been with both her Mum and Dad, it was the happiest she'd ever been. She hadn't seen Mummy this happy for a long time. And today was her fifth birthday.

*Alyson's P.O.V*

Harry and I had left Melanie in the lads' care when we left. We had to buy stuff for Melanie's birthday. She had been sleeping soundly when we left, wrapped in Louis' arms. I knew that there wasn't much time before she woke up.

"What about this one?" Harry pointed at a pink and blue dollhouse. I liked it. I figured Mel would too. We bought the house and went back to the bakery to get the cake. I smiled when I saw it. I saw Harrys' face light up as well. This was the first birthday Harry would be a part of. He was so excited. When we arrived back at the house, I could hear talking and laughing. Harry and I looked at each other. He smiled then leaned down to me. He pressed his lips against mine. They were soft and warm. When I pulled away, I saw the smile. His dimples were showing again. Harry held four pink and white balloons in his hand and slowly pushed the door open. I heard the thumping of Melanie's little footsteps coming down the hallway. 

"Mummy!! Daddy!!" She shouted. I smiled and picked her up in my arms. She laughed as I spun her around. When I stopped, I gave her a little peck on the cheek. Harry stood at my shoulder.

"Happy birthday beautiful." He said. Mel smiled and reached for him. When she was in his arms, it felt like I was melting. My heart beated loud. It was something I had always prayed to see. Mel and Harry. I couldn't take this away from them. Either of them. Harry changed into a completely different person when he was with Mel. He never stopped smiling, even when she was sleeping. Mel was at the happiest she'd ever been. She dreamed about the day when she got to meet her dad. I didn't know if I could leave again. 

About a few hours later, Mel had opened her presents and had cake. Lou and Liam got her a giant panda bear, not a real one just stuffed,  Niall and Clara got Mel a huge package of bubbles. Melanie loved them, and Zayn and Bri had bought her about a thousand, huge wall stickers. All of the boys had the biggest suprise. 

"Well, c'mon then Mely." Lou said. We all stood, Mel reaching up to Louis. He picked her up on his shoulders and started to walk down the long hallway. I looked up at Harry, towering over me. He was smiling. He looked down at me and pecked my cheek. I took his hand as we followed the lads.  Louis stopped in front of a room. He smiled as he opened the door. I felt my lungs gasp in air. It was a bedroom. The walls were painted a light shade of pink, Mel's favorite color. There was a small bed on the right side of the room. On the floor, there was a pink and purple butterfly rug. Melanie squealed when she saw the room. Louis put her down to explore her new room.

"Thank you Uncle Louis!!!" She said. He kissed her cheek with a smile. She ran around her room. Bri walked forward with the wall stickers.

"Would you like to put these up Mely?" She said. Mel grinned and nodded her head. I rested against Harry as I watched. He stood up straighter, like he was turning around. I looked up to him, he nodded to the side, motioning me to go with him. I turned and followed him as he went out the back door. To the valley. Of the year and a half I had been with Harry, I'd only been here once, the valley. Harry sat on a boulder over-looking the lake. The same boulder we sat on almost five years ago. Had it really been that long? It felt like only yesterday. I sat beside Harry on the rock. 

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him. He didn't respond. "Harry?" He lifted his head, looking at the lake. 

"You. Mel. Everything." He didn't look at me when he spoke. 

"Like what?" I said. he put his head back down before he spoke again. 

"I love you Alyson. I know I keep saying it but it's so true. I'm nothing without you. If you do decide to go, just know how much I care for you and how whoever gets to have you, is the luckiest man on Earth..." His voice cracked as he spoke. His head was still down, between his knees. I knew he was crying. I stood from the boulder and walked in front of him, putting my hands on his shoulders. My right hand moved to his cheek, pulling his sharp green orbs up to mine. The goosebumps returned to my arms, the shock between Harry and I strong. I leaned down and kissed him. I had more fire burning in me than normal. I kissed him, my lips brushing against his. He kissed me back, the strength in him was weak. I had control. I wound my fingers in his loose ringlets. Harry wraped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. I pulled away hesitantly, not wanting to stop, but I had to say it.

"Harry..." He looked at me, his eyes still glossy from the tears. His cheeks still wet. I looked down at my hands, and smiled. He pulled my chin up to face him. "I'll stay." I said. He was confused.

"What?" He said, his voice was weak.

"I'll stay. I won't leave. If you promise me something." the light returned to his eyes as he processed my words. 

"Anything." He pulled me closer to him.

"Marry me." I said. He grinned. The grin that made his dimples show out. He pushed me back wards as he jumped down. He fell onto one knee.

"Alyson, will you marry me?" He said, smiling. I nodded.

"Yes."