Chapter Fourteen

Chapter fourteen

It had been three days since Clara had found Melanie and I in the park. And today I was supposed to go meet Harry. I had no idea how this all would play out. I didn't even know what we were going to do. The boys had gone back to London a few days ago and Alana said she would stay behind with Mel. I wore my favorite tan crew-neck shirt with its little horse silhouettes, dark blue denim jeans, and my little cork heels. I pulled my long, dark brown hair into a half-updo. 

"Mummy be careful okay?" Mel wrapped her small arms around my legs. She had never gone a day in her life without me by her side. I was going to be in London for about a week. I hated to leave her. She had become my entire life, and to leave her just didn't feel right. I nodded my head to her. I picked Mel up in my arms. She wrapped her little arms around my neck and squeezed. "I love you mummy." She said into my neck. I set her back down on to the couch with Alana. My big sister. She had been the reason I chose to live here in Leiston. She was the only person who had known the truth about Melanie. She pulled me into a tight hug. "Be safe okay? And you better come back." I smiled. I turned back to my little family. Bear was on the side of the sofa by Mel, and Mel sat with Ozy on her lap. I gave one last look at my little home and turned toward the door. Here we go again.

*Eight hours later. London*

The plane landed with a jolt. Clara sat on my side. When we reached the outside of the airport, I sucked in the smells of my old home. I hadn't been here for four years? It seems like just yesterday. We called a taxi and drove to Clara's flat. She usually stayed with Niall but had this all to herself. She showed me the guest room and left me to shower. I pulled on my blue fuzzy sweatpants and a black tank. I snuggled into the bed with the small bunny that Melanie gave me. My eyelids fluttered shut and I fell into unconsciousness.

I woke up in the morning, confused. I had forgotten where I was. I held the small pink bunny in my arms. I slowly rose to my feet, walking into the bathroom. When I looked in  the mirror, all I saw was a disaster. My hair was messy, I had bags under my eyes, and it looked like I'd been crying. There was a knock on the door and Clara came in. 

"What's the plan sis?" I asked her. 

"Well, we have to go to the house and wait for him," I knew, that meant I had to reuinite with everyone. Everyone I had worked so hard to forget. Clara continued. "And when he gets there, you two will probably disappear to chat, then depending on the result, we will either stay over there for a bit of catching up or we come back here to repack." I nodded. It sounded like a pretty good plan. I put on a very simple outfit with simple makeup to match. I wondered what would happen when I saw him. When he saw me. The last time I had seen him, was the day I left. I don't know what happened the next day. What he did. I remembered our last kiss. No, I couldn't think about that now.  I walked over to my suitcase and pulled out the three photographs I had brought for him to see. The first photo was on the day Mel was born. She was so tiny. The second was on her second birthday, when she had cake all over her hands and face. The last one was taken about a week before I left. It was Mel and Bear. She was making a silly face as Bear lay upside down on her lap. I smiled at the photographs. I missed my little princess so much.

At four o'clock, Clara and I started to drive to the house. When we reached it, everything about it flooded my mind. Every room, every hallway. When Clara pushed the huge white door open, I realized.

Maybe this was a bad idea after all.