Chapter Nineteen

Chapter nineteen

*Alyson's P.O.V.*

I sat in shock. My body frozen. Mel stared at me, waiting for a response. I glanced at Harry. He was frozen as well, but his eyes were brightened. He knew. He knew that this was going to keep us here. To stay. I looked down at Melanie.

"I dunno baby. And what about Bear and Ozy, we can't leave them all alone. But now, you need rest." Mel nodded. I kissed her cheek as she slowly closed her eyes once more. When she was sleeping again, I felt Harry tense beside me. I looked over to see him leaning back in the wooden hospital chair, his eyes closed.

"What." I said to him.

"You have to stay Al. She isn't just going to leave. And I won't lose you again. Either of you." he said to me.

"Harry, we can't stay here. I want to go home and give my sister a proper funeral service. I promised myself that I wasn't going to stay and let things get ruined. That I wouldn't hurt you." I said more stern.

"And I promised myself that I would not lose you again. Not without a fight." he was becoming angry. I'd never seen Harry angry. The lads had all said he was the worst person in the group to anger. The scariest. I drew myself closer to Mel. Harry's hands closed into a tight fist around the hospital blankets.

"I won't let you go Aly. Not again. Not the way I did before." his voice cracked on the last sentence. I felt terrible for what I had done. But I knew that it had been the right thing to do. I knew Mel and I couldn't stay here. We couldn't play roles in Harry's life anymore. How had I let them talk me into staying? I'd just ruined everything. And I'd lost my sister in the process. I refused to hurt or lose anyone else.

"Aly I love you. Please. Please don't disappear. Please." he begged. I wanted to stay. But knew it was wrong. It must have been pretty obvious as Harry spoke again. "Well at least let me take you on one last date before you go. Something positive to remember." he said. He knew that I wasn't going to change my mind.

"Harry,I love you so much." I said weakly. He pulled me into his arms. My castle. My safety. The only true thing in this cruel world. When he pulled away, I leaned back to him. I pressed my plump lips against his. He kissed me back with firey passion. It made Goosebumps rise to my body. His fire had a sweetness to it. A kiss I loved. A kiss I missed getting every day. A kiss I wanted to have every day for the rest of my life. I wanted to stay with him forever. I wanted to have this family back. My family. Harry kissed my cheek and started to move down my jawline, planting soft kisses on my neck. I missed his touch. The way his hands felt on my skin. The way he ran his fingers through my hair and down my back. He picked me up out of the wooden chair and set me down on the sofa, laying down on top of me. He kissed my sweet-spot as I let soft whimpers escape my lips. When he finished, he lie down on my chest. One of my hands was entertwined with his and the other played with his bouncy chocolate curls.

"Alyson," he whispered.

"Yes." I said back.

"Do you know how much I love you?" he asked.

"A bit I guess." I smiled. Harry gave a throaty chuckle.

'More than a bit my sweet. You are my world. My everything. When I'm not with you, hours feel like years. I can't stand it. Please. Please stay." he said to me.

"I don't want to think about that right now. I just want to savor this moment. Okay? You still have me for that date though. Don't worry. I love you Harry." I said. I felt him smile as he spoke.

"Well get some rest my love." I nodded, then very slowly, fell into sleep.